Chapter 25

═══════ ೋღ 2️⃣5️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: June | Wednesday :::

Finished unpacking his box of supplies, he dusted his hands and smiled in content. The sound of approaching footsteps pulled his attention away from his handiwork.

"Where's Sadeek?" asked the woman.

"He quit," the man answered and extended a hand with a grin. "I'm Ackeem Gordon, the new tech guy. You are?"

"Marla Kelly," she gave the man's hand a firm handshake before retracting it to her side. "Soon as you're settled in, finish up what Sadeek was working on. I need it," she left.

So manners stop sell a shop? Rotten thought before taking a seat before the desktop and getting to work.

After an hour's work, he was quite impressed by all that Sadeek had managed to uncover about his boss's operation. He exited the small office and walked around the Ocho Rios Police Station, better familiarizing his new playground until he saw Kelly.

"Kelly? I found some information but I'll need time to make sense of it. It would help me more if you could let me know which case you're working on."

Kelly explained to him that her case was on Zeke Maxwell.

"What caused you to start investigating him?" Rotten asked, visibly confused.

She took a sip of her hot brew of black coffee before explaining, "We received an anonymous tip about drug suppliers - aliases Phiya and Bailey. After digging, we found out that Phiya is Kellon Cross and recently we uncovered Bailey as Adrian Stevens. My partner and I started asking around and though people did hesitant fi answer cause yu know how civilians can be with the whole 'Me ano informer' mentality, we learned enough to figure out that Zeke Maxwell is actually the boss, not Phiya nor Bailey who we initially suspected," Kelly took another sip of her coffee. "We don't know why or who is trying to pin Zeke's operation on Kellon and Adrian, but cross-referencing makes us believe that they might be linked to him."

"So you and your partner think that there's a larger operation at play," Rotten thought aloud before looking back at the woman. "So you need to answer these questions before developing a more concrete theory?" he asked and Kelly nodded.

"Yes, you catch on fast, newbie," she teased. "Soon as we connect all the dots, we can formally charge them."

"Hm. . . Well, I'll be in the office. Let me know if you need anything."

Kelly nodded and took another sip of her coffee. She liked this new guy, he seemed willing to work. She believed the world needed more people like Ackeem Gordon.

═══════ ೋღ 🔥 ღೋ ═══════

"Watch your step," Kellon laughed as June blindly maneuvered the grassy terrain.

She groaned and held tighter to his hand as he directed her. "When me did agree fi leave the house fi fresh air, mi neva did mean mi waa play hide-and-seek."

"Calm down, Mother Miserable," Kellon said as they came to a stop. He released her hand. "You can remove the blindfold now."

He watched with bright eyes as June undid the blindfold. Her mouth slackened and her eyes swelled with tears that weren't from sorrow in the first time in the longest while. Before her, was a large plot of land ready to be used to her disposal.