Chapter 31

═══════ ೋღ 3️⃣1️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: July | Saturday :::

At one of his parents' vacation homes, Kaior's pool party was in full swing. Music was loudly blasting, almost everyone had a cup of alcoholic beverage in their hands while they socialized, some people were getting handsy in the pools or rooms and the Sun paired well with the cool wind.

For June, she was in a half-bath fixing her swimsuit. The top of the yellow neon two piece had straps that were rather complicated. Vanessa had tied it earlier for her but it got loose. Now, she was here trying to fix the wardrobe malfunction herself. She groaned when she couldn't get it quite right.

"June?" came a voice outside the slightly ajar door.

June tightly held the material against her boobs at the sound of Kaior's voice. "Yes?" she squeaked. "Sorry, I'll be out in a bit-"

"Nah yu good, yu friend did a look fi yu."

June had brought Vanessa to accompany her.

"Oh. . . can you help me with this please?"

"Safe fimi come in?" he joked.

June held the material tighter to her body. "Yes."

Her breath hitched when Kaior entered the small room. He was shirtless, had his warm beige washboard abs on display. June's eyes involuntarily did a greedy take of Kaior's defined body, she was finding it hard to breathe as her eyes trailed further and further down until they stopped at the waistband of his dripping wet swim shorts.

June snapped her eyes back to his, quickly turned her back to him when she saw him giving her an amused expression.

Him always look so good?

"C-can you tie this for me?" she nervously asked.

"Yea," he said, stepping closer to her.

His finger gently grazed the back of June's neck, causing her to shiver from. . . from a feeling she couldn't quite place a name to.

She held her breath until he finished. Something about their close proximity while both being half-naked had June's nerves on a rollercoaster.

"Thanks, Kai," she thanked him and ran out of the bathroom before he could reply.

"Girl, weh yu did gone?" Vanessa asked when June took a seat on the poolside chair next to her.

"Was using the bathroom," June said, still flustered.

"Oh, arite," said Vanessa who smiled at a slender, dark-skinned woman who sat on the chair next to her. "Oh, Aniya, this is my friend June. June this is Aniya, she's really chill."

June offered the woman a bright smile. "Hey, nice to meet you."

"Likewise," replied Aniya with a bright smile.

"June, I see you've met Aniya," said Kaior who took a seat on Aniya's chair.

"Yea," answered June.