Chapter 22

═══════ ೋღ 2️⃣2️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

By nightfall, June decided to put her pride aside and seek Kellon. Getting out of bed after spending the last few hours twisting and turning, she was pleased to see him laying on the sofa. She gently nudged him, "Kellon. . ."

He turned and looked at her. He had also been unable to sleep without her.

"Yu can come to bed, please. . ."

Wordlessly, he came out of the couch and followed her into the room. They laid on the bed facing each other.

"Sorry," June lowly muttered.

"For?"

"For jumping to conclusions and not giving you the chance to explain after I said I wanted transparency with you and her."

"Mhm," he barely answered.

She sighed and looked away from his unwavering gaze. He was upset, she could tell.

"Wa she did want?" June pried, trying to keep her anger and jealousy at bay.

"It was about my having to see her when we go back to Jamaica next week," he answered. "What you heard was me basically saying she eva a dodge mi so when mi come dung mi naa miss ar dis time."

"Oh. . . she did a try find excuses again?"

"Mhm."

"Sorry. . ." she mumbled again, suddenly feeling guilty that she made him upset.

"Yu good," he looked away from her and glanced at the clock on the wall.

The glowing hands of the clock read twelve a.m.. It was now Tuesday, officially June's twenty-fifth birthday.

Looking back at the woman before him, all his anger dissipated. He didn't want to remain angry at her on her special day. "Happy birthday, baby," he told her and gave her a long, steamy kiss.

June pulled back with a smile. "Thanks."

"Feel old yet?" he teased as he got out of the bed.

"Gweh, yu nuh see how mi young and sexy," she retorted as she watched him dig around his travel bag. "So turn on the light nuh, Kellon," June scolded then sat up and turned on the lamp on the bedside table. "Weh yaa look fa ina the dark this late anyways? Come give me birthday sex."

"Wait nuh," he laughed as he found what he wanted. He sat on the edge of the bed. "Know yu seh yu neva waa nun other than fi stay in wul day with yu lazy self, but I got you something," he handed her a small, carefully wrapped box.

A wide smile graced June's face as she accepted the box from him. "Yaa mek mi cry ino," she gave him another peck to his cheek before untying the box. "Wow," she said on exhale as she saw what laid in the box. It was two beautiful Pandora pendants - one that said 'Mom' and another that had a key to a heart. "I love them, thank you, babe," she said as she watched him add the charms to her bracelet.

"You're welcom-" Kellon was silenced by June's lips finding his for a hard kiss.

She gently pushed him back onto the bed and his hands found her waist, holding her steady as their tongues explored each other's mouths.