Chapter 18

═══════ ೋღ 1️⃣8️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: May | Wednesday :::

Sitting in a restaurant called The Cheesecake Factory, June smiled at their waiter as she removed the plate.

"Sure yu nuh want another plate?" teased Kellon.

June laughed in response. She moved a hand to her stomach that was stuffed and rubbed it in small, soothing circles. "Gweh, Kellon. Yaa mek it sound like me eat more than I did."

"Mi just watch yu murder two plate a Chicken Madeira and Steak Diane."

June gasped. "Yu neh afi seh murder, dat mek mi sound greedy."

Kellon chuckled. "Dessert?"

"Nuh you just call me pig?"

"Yu wicked ino, June. . ."

Scooting closer to him in the booth, she kissed his cheek, smirked when a grin came on his face. Pulling back and looking up at him, her smirk grew wider. Moving a hand to his thigh, her fingers crept until they stopped on the crotch of his dress pants.

Kellon quickly halted her hands. "Everywhere yu go wid yu slackness," he jokingly complained.

"You love it though," she innocently batted her eyelashes up at him.

He sighed an, "I do."

Right then, their server approached the table.

"My apologies, I forgot to ask if you cared for dessert?" the woman gave them an embarrassed smile. "It's my first day. . ."

"It's okay," she gave the woman an understanding smile. "I'll have the Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake, please. And you, babe?"

June looked over at Kellon, discreetly nudged him with her knee.

Kellon cleared his throat and looked back to the waiter. "I'm good, thanks."

The waitress nodded and went off to tend to another table.

June looked over at Kellon who was chugging water as if his life depended on it. "Yu good?" she raised a brow.

She just call me babe? Kellon felt thrown off his feet. He wasn't expecting her to call him by such a title after the cold-shoulder she had been giving him lately. He turned to her with a smug grin. "I am," he assured her. "Kiss me."

"No," June denied. "Me just did a eat-"

The corner of his lips twitched in amusement. "I don't care," he said. He leaned in.

June met him half-way, changing her mind at the last minute and kissing his cheek instead.

Kellon pulled back, somewhat disappointed. He knew that cold June was back. He fought the urge to sigh or make a big deal out of it. She was trying for them, so that was all that mattered to him.

"One Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake for the lady," announced their waiter as she carefully placed the plate before June.

Kellon watched as June's eyes brightened at the sight of her dessert.