Chapter 47

═══════ ೋღ 4️⃣7️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

one week later. . .
::: October | Saturday :::

Yesterday was Zach's seventh birthday!

June had planned on throwing him a class party, but Zach insisted on it being held at home so June gave him what he wanted.

The party was in full swing - streamers hung from the ceiling, Spiderman decorations were pasted on walls, the floor and there was even a bounce-house in the backyard.

As the party slowly drew to an end, June began to pre-clean. Walking about with a trash bag in her hand, she was thankful that some of her friends and the parents here were helping her to clean.

Entering her living room, she was surprised to see Aniya standing by the door looking around. She hadn't seen Aniya since girl's night and June was beyond surprised to see her now. . .

"Aniya!" she walked over to her, watched Aniya's face contort into a small smile.

"H-hey, June," Aniya smiled. "I brought this for Zach."

"Thanks," June accepted the bag. "Yu run go have baby pon me," June teased and Aniya weakly laughed.

Vanessa appeared. "Mi ratid! Aniya?!"

Aniya forced a brighter smile. "Hey, miss unu isi."

"We missed you too!" Vanesa said and pulled her into a hug. "Congratulations, girl."

Aniya smiled, rubbed a hand on her small almost two-month-old bump.

"Tell yu seh Aniya did have man!" June teased.

Vanessa chuckled. "Nuh know why she did a hide him from we."

June laughed. "Yu want anything, Aniya? Mi can cut piece of cake gi yu-"

"No, that's okay."

"Come, girl," Vanessa insisted before they pulled her away to the kitchen and gave her a slice of the vanilla cake.

"This is really good," Aniya moaned.

June smiled. "Thanks, I made it."

"Tell yu seh yufi open a bakery," Vanessa suggested.

June laughed. "You waa me open restaurant, bakery, law firm, salon. Wa else?"

"Waa class fi give out sex tips," Vanessa said and looked at Aniya. "Mi seh girl, June teach mi a trick deh weh fi do when me a ride. Fi see mi a hold mi ankle and a-" Vanessa went quiet when a kid ran into the kitchen, snatched a Caprisun then left.

"Unu bedroom sound festive," Aniya laughed.

"Then nuh must, nun cya stop my show!" Vanessa stated. "Except such man, but him a behave himself now."

"June!" came Kellon's voice from somewhere in the house.

"Soon come," June told her friends before going in search of her fiancé. She froze when she saw Kellon at the doorway and glaring at Odane.