Chapter 44

═══════ ೋღ 4️⃣4️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: September | Saturday :::

June was beyond excited to have her own house, she'd began ordering furniture the night she signed her title. The furniture for the living room and bedrooms were delivered today, most of the other furniture would be arriving within the next two weeks.

Currently, she was setting up Zach's room with the help of Odane.

"Thought you were busy today. . ." June thought aloud.

"I was but mi done early," he replied while folding Zach's clothes and putting it into the drawers and closet.

"Oh. . . thanks for helping."

"Yu nafi thank mi boh nun when it come to Zach, J."

"I know, I just. . . nevermind."

Odane chuckled a bit.

June bit back a smile. She liked how easygoing he was since he came back from rehab. If she were to forget the past, she wouldn't have mind forming a friendship with her child's father.

"June?" came a voice from downstairs.

"Upstairs," June replied and glanced at Odane.

"A whofa car dat park ina yu drive- oh," Kellon paused when he saw Odane. Keeping things cordial, Kellon gave the man a brief nod and Odane returned it.

"Lata, J," Odane said, not wanting to overstay his welcome.

"Okay, remember that Zach is at Aunty Mazie and he has an eye appointment tomorrow."

Odane paused at the door. "Why yu neva dweet before him start school?"

"I got caught up."

"Oh," he said then left.

Kellon looked about Zach's spiderman-themed room. "So him ago always ova ya now?"

June paused. "What?"

"Yu hear mi."

"Only when he's picking up or dropping off Zach. A wa?"

"Just curious," he dismissed.

"Oh. . . yu hungry?"

"Wa yu cook?" he asked as he followed her down the stairs.

"I didn't actually, mi get food delivered from yu friend restaurant," she said as she shared a portion of oxtail and rice for him. She followed him into the living room and watched him eat. "How was work?"

"Good, took your advice and will be making the townhouses in Drax Hall."

June smiled. "Love when yu listen me ino."

"Me nuh always listen yu, babes?"

"Nah," she mocked his voice.

"You gwan," he looked around her living room that was slowly coming together. He smiled when he saw the blown up picture of her and him in Puerto Rico. "Yaa settle in good and thing?"