Chapter 39

═══════ ೋღ 3️⃣9️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

June made a stop in Ocho Rios to collect a package. She had decided she had went long enough without sex, she felt deprived. If Kellon didn't succumb to her today, she'd go on her knees and beg like a proud whore.

Walking side-by-side with Zach and the small package beneath her arm, June wore a sly smirk. She was excited for tonight.

When they were almost back to the car, she saw an ice-cream parlor and quickly made a U-Turn before Zach could see.

"Come, Zach, mi forget sum-"

"Mommy, me can get ice-cream?"

June loudly sighed. How fi him likkle eye dem so clean? June didn't answer, she started walking back to the car.

"Mommy."

"We have ice-cream at the house."

"Me want it now."

"Well you can't get it now. Please just wait until we reach home." All yago do a nasty up the car and yu new clothes.

Now standing beside June's car, Zach began to cry and plead his demands.

June sighed again. She was in no mood to argue with him, she'd developed a headache on the ride back from Linstead. She wanted to go home and sleep it off.

"Zach, please gwan ina the car so we can go home. I don't fell well and me really cya do this wid yu right now."

"No, me want ice-cream!" he started crying louder and stomping his feet, earning curious glances from passerbys.

June hissed her teeth and put the box in the car then tried lifting him to force him inside. Mi rass, likkle most mi bruk mi back. "Zach go ina the car please," June begged while he frailed and started demanding his dad. My Lord, mi nuh liff dis bwoy from him a four ino, a when him get so heavy?

June's struggle was interrupted by a passing police officer.

"Is there a problem here?" he took a note of the annoyed June and the crying boy.

"No," June replied and the officer eyed her strangely. Understanding how the situation could easily be misunderstood, she said, "He's my son."

"Can you prove that, Miss?"

"What?" June was aghast. "Yu nuh see seh the bwoy fava mi?"

The officer tightly smiled at her and stooped to Zach's level. "Do you know this lady?"

Zach wiped a hand across his eyes and said through hiccups, "Mi want mi father!"

June's mouth dropped.

The police stood to his full height and gently pulled Zach to his side. "Me ago tek him down to the station until yu can prove-"

"Yu cannot tek mi pickney!" June exclaimed and tried to pull Zach back to her side but he resisted. June wiped a hand down her face, felt her headache worsen. "Gwan wid him, I'll meet you there," she glared at Zach as he easily walked away with the officer. Hissing her teeth, she went into her car and called Kellon, asking if he could bring Zach's birth certificate to the Ocho Rios police station, and hers too, just in case.

June parked before the building and stormed inside. She was directed to sit in a chair. She crossed her arms and impatiently tapped her feet against the tiled floor as she watched Zach in a room eating a lollipop and talking to an officer.

She rolled her eyes and looked down at the floor. Wa kinda headache dis man?

"Lazy?"

June's head quickly snapped up. "Temple."