Chapter 27

═══════ ೋღ 2️⃣7️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: June | Sunday :::

After spending an entire church service silently crying for the loss of her daughter, June made her way home to cry some more in the arms of Kellon.

"I'm sorry," she kept saying.

"It's not your fault," came Kellon's usual response.

"It is," June cried louder. "I was sad over Mommy me neva did a tek care of miself and now-"

"Babe, it's not your fault," Kellon weakly stated. "You have to keep your head up for Zach."

Reminded of her son who was at his father, June dried her teary-eyes and met Kellon's eyes. He looked as pale as her, she felt bad having him bare all her burdens but she felt as if there was no one else she could lean on. She felt awful, knew a piece of her was missing. She couldn't even begin to imagine how Kellon felt. He'd also been very excited about her pregnancy since he found out and now. . . June choked on another sob that traveled throughout her body.

Kellon wiped her tears and gave her a forced smile. "Maybe it wasn't our time, June," he tried being brave. "We still have we future ahead a we, yea?"

June nodded.

He smiled at and placed a long chest against each cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said, meaning it with her entire being. Sniffling, she dried her face and laid on his chest. "I decided which one of the models I want you to make for me," she decided to change the topic.

"Yea? Which one?" he asked and June told him. They spoke about her becoming a small business-owner until they were left in silence. Finally, Kellon said, "Soon come, afi deal with sum. . . at the center."

June moved off him and grabbed the television remote. "Okay, tell Quinn hi and that I miss her."

"Ah," Kellon went downstairs and came back upstairs with a cup of ice and handed it to June who smiled at him as if he just gave her a million dollars. "Know yu love ice when yaa watch yu show dem."

June pecked his lips and smiled more. "Thanks, baby."

"Soon come back," he said then left.

June was left by herself for another hour or so until Odane brought their son home. After she fed Zach, the two were curled in June's bed watching a random film.

"Tiger, carry me laptop come give me, please," June said as she sat up.

"Where is it?"

"Where it always is, Zach," she said and watched him crawl out the bed and retrieve her laptop from the television stand. "Thanks."

"Me can watch cartoon?"

"Of course," June looked up from her laptop that was on the homepage of the Apple store and changed the channel to a cartoon.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Zach?"

"When is Grandma coming back?" he asked and June froze.