¹⁶ a witch on the race tracks

" I find muggle history so intriguing " Arabella and Jack were walking out of school, Jack then gave her another helmet that Arcee kept in her subspace, and the two teens prepared to leave.

But before they could, they were approached by Vince. " Hey " The red-haired teen called as Jack and Arabella were pulling out. "Cherry moped."

The two looked back at him as Vince winked at Arabella. The brunette gave him a wary look, but Jack just smirked.

"Uh, this 'moped' has dual carbs and can go 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds." The black-haired teen replied, smiling from under his helmet.

The two teens then left as Vince watched, his expression changing from a smirk to a dark look as they headed out of sight.

Soon enough the three came to a stop at a red light. Arcee, who had remained silent during the two boys' conversation, finally spoke up.

"Uh, Jack. A lady's vital stats are her own business." She said. Jack just sighed, while Arabella snickered. A voice then spoke up from near them.

"Hey!"

The two teens looked over to see two girls around Jack's age standing on the sidewalk. One of them had pinkish-red hair, while the other had dark yellow hair. Arabella knew the red-haired girl to be Sierra, the girl that Jack likes.

"Nick, right?" Sierra asked Jack, and Arabella snickered again.

"Actually, it's Jack." The teen replied, stuttering a little.

"Jack, sorry." Sierra apologized. "I'm Sierra."

"I know." Jack said, somewhat nervously. Arabella couldn't help but smile at the scene occurring before her.

"You once offered to take me for a ride?" Sierra asked, Arabella looked at Jack confused. When was this?

"O-Of course! I-I-I did! A-Anytime!" Jack said, his stuttering becoming more frequent.

"I'm your guardian, kiddo." Arcee said, moving her mirror to look at him. "Not your wing-man." Luckily the girls didn't hear voice from the bike.

"So?" Sierra nudged. "How 'bout now?"

"Uhhhh....." Jack said, looking back at Arabella. The witch was about to speak up, when the sound of a motor filled the air, and a black muscle car with flames running across it pulled up between the four teens.

"Hey! Small world!" Vince said, noticing Jack and Arabella next to him.

"I'm... having a conversation," Jack said, trying to sound civil, while Arabella just gave Vince deadpanned look, as Vince climbed through his sunroof to meet them at eye level.

"Cheer-captain here might enjoy watching you take on four wheels of a muscle car," Vince said, smirking, while the blonde girl whispered into Sierra's ear.

"Are you challenging me?" Jack asked, surprised. "To a race?"

"You catch on quick, ponch. What do you say?" Vince challenged. Jack said nothing. He looked over at the girls, who were giving him a "go for it" look, and then looked back at Vince.

"Uh..." Jack said and was about to reply when the light changed to green, and Arcee took off, taking Arabella and Jack with her.

"Woah!" They both yelled as they sped away, Arabella was thankful that he was holding on to Jack during the whole conversation, otherwise, he would've flown right off the back.

"You didn't let me answer!" Jack said, surprised and confused by the femme's sudden move.

"Nope." She said simply. "Arcee, we can smoke him!" Jack countered.