¹⁷ caught in the webs

It was the usual routine for the Autobots and their human charges, they get picked up by their guardians and taken to base. Right on cue, two familiar vehicles drove in as Ratchet was busy reading in the corner. The two younger kids got out of the cars, ready for their typical ' stay in the base ' activities.

" That thunderstorm was crazy last night," Raf said as he approached Miko, the town rarely received any wet weather. " I know right, couldn't sleep through all that lighting and thunder " Miko yawned, a bit of tired tears appearing in the corner of her eyes.

She looked around for a specific witch but to no avail, she wasn't there. " Hey, where's Jack and Arabella " Raf perked his head up, noticing how the two older teens weren't there." Jack and Arcee were sent to investigate an energon signal and Arabella mentioned that she releasing a ... " Bulkhead tried to remember what creature that Arabella said.

Ratchet finally looked up from the book to the gathered group, " Jackalope I believe that's what Arabella mentioned " he remembered the chapter from the fantastic beast book that she gave him, of course enchanted that it was large enough that the medic could read.

" Aww without us, I wanna see " Miko dramatically said, she loved all the creatures in the tiny, magical suitcase, her favorite are the Nifflers which Ratchet still remembered the little bugger causing chaos in the base.

Back in the forest, Arcee and Jack were currently walking in the forest, tracking the signal. The forest was quite gloomy and because of last night's weather, the place became moist which unfortunately attracted mosquitoes, much to Jack's annoyance.

" Ah! Really wish I'd packed some insect repellent. " He swatted the bugs away as he trenched through the forest floor, smelling the wet earthy smells.

" The mosquitoes out here on this routine recon are the size of vampire bats." he tried swatting the little mosquito but missed every time. " And they drink just about as much blood. "

Arcee looked down at him with slight humor, " Quite the outdoorsman, aren't you, Jack? "

" You wouldn't be making fun of my survival kit. " he smirked and Arcee smirked back. " Maybe "

" I may not have stinger-proof metal skin, Arcee, but in a pinch, I can use my multi-function pocketknife and magnesium fire starter to cook up some freeze-dried Mac and cheese. " he patted his survival kit poach.

" You have your tools. I have mine." The tracker begins beeping as Arcee checks the screen, " That's odd. Ratchet's satellite scans were accurate. " but she frowns a little, " But subterranean
Energon deposits don't cause this kind of surge. " the two continue to head toward their location.

Somewhere in the same forest, Arabella's suitcase is in the middle of the forest where there is a small grassy field. " Come on little fella, it's alright "

The curly, brunette witch climbs up, holding what seems to be a rabbit that has antlers attached to its head. The little creature's nose was twitching as its ears moved, hearing any noise or threats.

" Your leg seems to be healed up now and according to my research, this forest should be a typical habitat for you little guy " The Jackalope looked up at the witch, almost terrified to leave her arms Arabella sadly smiled, she tried not to form an attachment to magical creatures that are rescued and released but she loved them all.

The two notice a small group of Jackalope appearing out of their burrows, sensing one of their kind here. Arabella softly smiled as she placed down the magical rabbit creature on the ground.

" Off you go, it's fine " It hesitantly looked up at the witch before heading to the group, she watched the other's accept the newcomer, nuzzling each other.