Chapter 11: First Day on the Job

"It really is all gone, isn't it?" Zelda mumbled to herself as she stared into the Sheikah Slate's screen. Her reflection stared back at her as she brought a hand to her forehead and began rubbing against her skin. "I really don't want it to show on my first day..."

"I told you, Zel," Link chuckled from the bed, watching the morning sunrise from the window. "It's gone. You don't have a rainbow on your forehead."

"I hope not. It took forever to wash off..." she said. Link snorted, causing her to look back at him before adding, "Hey! I helped you wash your hair!"

"You did, I'll give you that," he admitted, raising his fingers to the tips of his dirty blonde hair. "It was actually relaxing to have my hair washed by your hands. Would you mind doing it again sometime?"

"You're teasing me again..." Zelda muttered, turning off the camera rune to the slate before standing.

"I'm not, I promise," Link said, sitting up from the bed as he watched her move from the desk to the nightstand drawer. "It's relaxing, you have a gentle touch."

"Is it relaxing enough to help you sleep?" Zelda asked quietly, pulling her folded blue work outfit from out of the stand. Link's features became stern.

"What?" he asked, swinging his legs over the bed to face her properly. Zelda hesitated, gripping her clothes tightly in her hands before taking a deep breath.

"I've noticed you haven't been sleeping these past couple of days," she explained, looking down at Link with nervous eyes. "You've been awake before I have. Usually, you like to sleep in, at least when we aren't on the road. Whether you're not sleeping at all, or you're having trouble, I... I've noticed."

Link stared into her green orbs before slowly lowering his head. Doing her best to ignore the fact she was only wearing the Hylian Tunic she had been using as a nightgown, Zelda gently placed her outfit on the nightstand surface. Carefully, she stepped forward before lowering herself into his lap with her bosom only a few centimeters away from his nose. Though her face began to burn, Link hadn't reacted, keeping his gaze low. Taking a silent deep breath, she raised her hands before gliding her fingers through his hair.

"Is it because of the dreams?" she asked softly. "Do they still bother you?"

Link slowly nodded.

"They were getting in the way," he said quietly. "Not sleeping helped. We've had fun these past few days. You seem happy... But, I can't help but-"

"Still stay on guard," Zelda uttered. "I've noticed that too. Oh, Link..."

She pushed her fingers to the back of his head before pulling him in, pressing his face softly against her chest. Link, feeling the pleasuring warmth and softness, closed his eyes.

"I didn't think you'd notice so soon," he said tiredly.

"Well, you were somewhat grumpy yesterday," Zelda admitted, trying not to focus on his warm breaths against the revealing parts of her skin. "Sure, you had a reason to be... But, I know you."

"I thought you'd be angry," Link continued. She smiled sadly.

"I probably would have if it weren't for Purah..." Zelda said. "I was trying to rush your progress, but in the end, I only made you more anxious."

"It's my own fault," he said.

"It's not," Zelda corrected. "It's mine. I just... I want you to rest, but I've been trying to rush you. Seems counterintuitive, wouldn't you say?"

Link chuckled.

"You don't have time for this," he said quietly.

"But-" Zelda began, however, Link shook his head.