Chapter 56: An Advisor's Heartening

There is a chapter note at the end and it's important you guys read it! Make sure to give that note a read at the end

There is a chapter note at the end and it's important you guys read it! Make sure to give that note a read at the end. Enjoy!

The orange rays of twilight shined down upon the mountains of Necluda as the white stallion clopped down the winding pass, carrying his owner as her partner walked on foot beside him. As he walked, the horse shook its mane, freeing his hair of the snow that had started to stick and collect from the light snowfall that had been falling since their departure from Hateno earlier that day. Free from the small but extra amount of weight, the horse carried on as usual while the Hylians it escorted carried out the multitude of conversations they had had since their journey began.

"— and then, just as I finished coming down the mountain after praying at the spring of wisdom myself, a band of bokoblins jumped out at me!" Celessa said excitedly as she continued walking at the horse's side. "There were at least four of them, and one was gold! I hadn't ever seen a gold bokoblin before. I fought, but the blue ones were hard enough, I thought for sure I was a goner the moment the gold one decided to jump in. But then, out of nowhere, Link appeared and saved my tail! I had never seen anyone fight the way he had that day. Hylia must have answered the prayers I gave her in the spring for sure, otherwise I— Princess, are you listening?"

Furrowing her brow, she glanced up at the stallion's rider to see her staring up the path with glossed-over eyes. The moment she heard her title, the golden-haired rider jolted slightly.

"Hm? Oh, yes, of course, I am," Zelda answered, looking down at her friend as she snapped back to reality. However, Celessa looked unconvinced.

"You're absolutely not," she whined. "You're worrying about Link. He'll be okay, Zelda. That's why I'm telling you this story: so you know he's capable of being on his own. I mean, he somehow came out of the Yiga situation alive."

"I know he's capable on his own. I've seen glimpses of his journey before he saved me, I've watched him take the trials of Maz Koshia, and even watched him make it back from the Yiga while mortally wounded," Zelda explained, "but that doesn't mean I won't worry. We've been together for so long... especially these past few months. It's strange not to be with him, and... I just naturally think about his well-being."

"You are so in love," Celessa chuckled. "It's cute that you're worrying about him the way you are, but he's fine. Honestly, I'm sure he's more worried about you."

"While I know he does, I almost wish he wouldn't," Zelda sighed. "He's got more pressing matters to attend to. He needs to be ready for whatever comes his way, and after all that's happened, I'm not sure how he's supposed to be."

"He said he was venturing off to do the trials the Master Sword has for him, yes?" Celessa asked. Zelda nodded.

"The last trials were so hard on him before," she explained, thinking back to Link's bloodied face right after his battle with the ancient monk. "These past few months I thought I was helping him heal, so he could be ready for what the sword has in store for him. Clearly, we see how that has gone... Now all I can hope is that he will make it through the trials on his own, and be alright at the end of it all."