Chapter 65: The Trial of the Sword

**Yes there is nudity, mind your comments, remember what I said about making this story mature if I get straight-up rude comments like before.**

The moment Link's senses returned, he could feel a light breeze brush past every inch of his skin. He opened his eyes, only to find himself completely surrounded by a seemingly endless ocean. No matter where he turned, there was only water, even beneath his feet. The only exception was above him, where there was nothing but a bright blue sky, an abundance of clouds, and a brilliant sun shining down upon the calm expanse of water. He took a moment to appreciate the sparkle of sunlight dancing across the ripples before looking down at himself. His body was completely bare, exposed to the sun and the gentle breeze, with not a scar or blemish visible anywhere on him. Even the blue hair tie had vanished from existence, allowing his long sand-colored locks to flutter lazily around his shoulders.

It all looked familiar, the endless sea. He looked around, trying to recall if he had been here before. If he had, it was quite a while ago. He took a few steps forward, causing the water to ripple beneath his feet. He could walk. That seemed familiar, too. He furrowed his brow, trying to think. If he just thought hard enough, he would remember...

Nice save, Hero.

The familiar sweet tones of a woman's voice echoed foggily in his mind before suddenly, his eyes grew wide with realization. It was as if he remembered a dream, snapping into place just like all of his previous memories had. He looked around the water, trying to find the figure of the woman draped in transparent robes, and yet, no one was there. It was just him, alone in the middle of the endless ocean. He started to walk forward again, now with a clear purpose. She appeared before him last when he walked, so maybe–

You won't find her here, another familiar voice suddenly spoke.

This was a voice he could recognize even before the mist in his mind had cleared. He turned around, expecting to see a little ball of purple light just as before, but instead, he saw the purple-winged, green-strapped sword standing upright with its sharp tip stuck in the calm waters he walked across. It was different than when he had seen it only a few seconds ago from its pedestal of stone. Here, the sword seemed alive, glowing from blade to pommel with a mystical, lilac aura.

"She's not here?" Link asked the sword. "Zelda—or Hylia, I guess—isn't here?"

She's not, the sword answered, glowing a bit brighter every time a word was spoken. Before Link could respond, it continued. You mentioned the names Zelda and our grace, Hylia. That means there's a 54% chance you remember the last time you were here.

"I do remember," Link managed to answer this time. "This is the...uh...Sacred...something..."

You are correct. This is the Sacred Realm, the sword answered. The realm you and the spirit of the goddess, Hylia, spoke in during your battle against the Sheikah Monk, Maz Koshia.

"Yeah, I mean, I remember that now, but why did I forget?" Link asked. "I always felt like something happened that helped me win that fight, but I couldn't put my finger on it—"

'Once we return, I won't remember anything of this place, or the memories of my past lives that I currently have. Even your memories will be a bit dim,' the sword said. Those are the words my creator spoke before you were returned to your duel.

"Right...she did say that," Link said, running his fingers through his hair. "Now that I do remember, though, I wish I could've remembered. Will I remember after this trial?"

Unfortunately, you will not, the sword replied. The Sacred Realm was once a well-known sanctuary, one that safeguarded a power rivaled by none, even by the goddess herself. However, history proved the knowledge of this sanctuary was too dangerous, as an evil heart once slipped through, corrupting its purity. Now, the Sacred Realm hides itself from the mortal world, only revealing itself when deemed necessary.