Chapter 62: The Council's Judgment

It had been almost a week since Zelda and her company had arrived in Lurelin Village. It hadn't taken long for them to grow accustomed to the fishing culture. In fact, the quickest to adjust was surprisingly the timid Sheikah that the princess had brought along. Fishing, prepping, and other tasks that locals had been doing for years had become second nature to her after practically a day. It was shocking to see her adjust so quickly. Even speaking to the locals had become easier for her. Easier, but not comfortable.

As Paya learned how the village operated, along with Celessa occasionally, Zelda had tasked herself with scouting the area and planning, talking to the villagers, seeing what was allowed and what wasn't, and coming up with whatever she could with all that she had at that very moment. After only a few days though, it was clear that she had done all she could do to prepare. To Celessa's dismay, it was time to leave Lurelin for the time being, and so, early one morning, the three packed their stuff from the ship-shaped inn and prepared to depart.

"I can't believe we're leaving already," Celessa sighed sadly, something Paya silently giggled at.

"We've been here for days. Besides, you knew we weren't going to stay long," Zelda said, who was now looking down at the map on the illuminated screen of the Sheikah Slate. "It was intended to be a short trip. The real adventure starts now."

Regardless of the truths the princess spoke, Celessa still groaned, which received a small smile from Zelda.

"Don't worry, we'll be back before you know it," she said. "I'll get you a treat in Zora's Domain, how's that sound?"

"Stop it," Celessa said. "Don't use the Prima voice on me. We are her children. I am not your child."

"You sure sound like you are though," Zelda giggled. Before Celessa could retort, all three of the women noticed the short old man hobbling his way toward them.

"Ready to leave already, are we?" he asked. While Celessa said "no" in the background, Zelda nodded.

"We are," she said. "We'll be headed for Zora's Domain, as you've recommended. I believe learning about the Zora's personal Champion Festival will do me well. If I want to throw a festival of my own, it'll do me good to learn from those who throw them annually."

"I'm glad my insight was able to give you guidance," Rozel said with a kind chuckle. "We'll begin preparing the plans you've already made. Anything you want us to add, just stop by and we'll make adjustments."

"Thank you, Rozel," Zelda said with a slight bow. "I really appreciate you doing this for me. It'll bring a nice smile to Link's face."

"Oh, young one," Rozel said. "I have a feeling he'd smile regardless, as long as he's able to see you."

Immediately, Zelda blushed (along with Paya behind her) while Celessa giggled.

"T-thank you for the compliment," she replied.

"Alright then, you three better be off," the village head said. "We'll eagerly await your return."

With that, they all nodded before Paya and Celessa placed a hand on Zelda's shoulders. With a tap of the Sheikah Slate screen, the three vanished in a river of blue lights, leaving just the elder standing in front of the inn. He watched as the lights flew upwards into the air and out of sight.

"Hm... That's an interesting doohickey they have there..."

Reforming, the three appeared on another shrine platform. Expectedly, Paya gasped in surprise. No longer were they surrounded by open air, sandy beaches, nor the tall swaying palm trees. Now they stood in a large room, one elegantly carved from luminous stone, with a flooring that was covered in water and luminescent plants. Celessa's eyes sparkled in awe as she stared at the glowing pillars that decorated the room's walls.