Ch-5

Ling Xiao, someone bullied me!"

Ling Xiao looked at her in disdain. Contrary to expectations, Mo Qi with her face smeared with tears, was still unaware of Ling Xiao's expression of scorn.

"That He girl is relying on her family's wealth and political power to look down on me, wu..."

"Ling Xiao, how could she do this! We are a lot better than them, right? Coming from the 21st century, could it be that we have to be pushed down by some ancient people?!"

Ling Xiao lowered his head and looked at her. Mo Qi's beautiful eyes were moist as she looked at him, saying, "Why aren't you saying something? Ling Xiao, she's bullying me like this..."

Ling Xiao sneered at her, "What does her bullying you have to do with me?"

"Ling Xiao, how come you're talking to me like that?" Mo Qi's expression was full of grievances and accusation, "Are you still angry? How long are you going to be angry for!"

Saying this, Mo Qi lowered her voice, "Now that Elder Lin also helped you arrange an identity, you can just stay in the palace to accompany me! Isn't that wonderful!"

"We came from the same place, so naturally we must stick together!" Mo Qi said as if it was inevitable and the way it should be, but Ling Xiao only felt unwell.

Back when he liked this girl he hadn't realized it, but these days, he was finally aware of just how manipulative and hateful she was. She used such pretty words to claim they should stick together, since they came from the same place. But why, then, didn't he see her accompanying him to the ends of the earth?

Ling Xiao roasted her in his heart while his face remained completely expressionless. With Li Yuan now dead, as long as Elder Lin, who obeyed the Prime Minister, didn't interfere, crushing Mo Qi to death would be very simple. In the rare chance that after she died, everything started to happen, Ling Xiao temporary could not be impulsive and needed to find a perfectly legitimate reason...

Otherwise, it would be easy to bring trouble down on himself! He didn't want to suffer.

Thinking this and that, Ling Xiao controlled himself, hiding the hatred in his eyes so that there wasn't even a trace of it.

"Ling Xiao~" Mo Qi, acting like a spoiled child, went forward slightly and tugged on his sleeve.

Ling Xiao took a step back, shaking her off. She stared blankly for a moment before clenching her teeth and tugging at her own hand as she said, "Ling Xiao, don't be angry anymore, ok?"

She coyly vocalized, "You were always the one who loved me the most, and I even protected you when Lan Wei wanted you to undergo purification! I rejected it all......"

Ling Xiao stood stock still, as he looked at her with a frown. Narrowing her eyes slightly, Mo Qi gazed at Ling Xiao expectantly, "How could I bear to let you undergo purification! Do you still not understand me?"

The meaning of her final sentence was provocative and ambiguous.

Wasn't this just a seductive hidden suggestion?!

Ling Xiao trembled, goose bumps appearing all over his body.

Already, he could hear Mo Qi continuing to pretend to feel wronged, "I only wanted you to accompany me to the palace. Here, I have no one I can count on and would become very lonely. With you by me, I feel much better. Didn't you always feel unwilling to let me feel wronged..."

Saying this, Mo Qi blinked her eyes on purpose to let a few tears drop, her pearly white teeth biting her pink lower lip, "You see, I'm already being bullied by that surnamed He person, after I had just come in. If I didn't have you, I wouldn't even have anybody to go lament to. Wu~"