Ch-31

The little eunuch's complexion was pale white, beads of sweat dotted his forehead, revealing a face that was silently enduring the pain.

The Emperor's heart was gripped by that, and he moved his gaze down, catching sight of where he was stabbed in the shoulder. The wound was still flowing with blood and because Ling Xiao was using his right hand to hold that wound, it was also covered in blood.

The blood flowed down his fair arm, winding like silk It was garish and beautiful, yet unsightly.

The Emperor walked forward seeing that and bent down to take the weak eunuch into his arms.

Everyone was startled and knelt on the ground with the Emperor.

This Steward Ling really was the first one who was able to make the Emperor bend down in spite of his status. Everyone kept their heads low, all of them now slightly afraid of Steward Ling in their hearts.

"Go get the imperial physician." The Emperor's cold face said only a single line, which was accepted by Xiao Lizi who was beside him. With his head low, he respectfully saluted and got up from his former bowing position, leaving.

Ling Xiao was stunned at the scene where everywhere knelt and felt the Emperor's embrace. He was a little stiff and terrified in his heart.

He knew that the Emperor was interested in him, but seeing how the Emperor acted in front of him, Ling Xiao was finally aware of just how important he was in the Emperor's heart.

While he was terrified, he also understood that this was a good thing for him. At least his action of injuryhimself to gain the enemy's confidence would allow his next plans to go more smoothly. While thinking of that, Ling Xiao weakly spoke.

"Your Majesty... this servant is fine, don't worry."

Hearing Ling Xiao's consoling words, he gave him a glance and silently pursed his lips before picking him up. He coldly said to the people behind him, "Arrest the assassin no matter what."

"Yes." The kneeling imperial soldiers all accepted the order.

Ling Xiao hurried tugged on the Emperor's sleeve when he saw this and interrupted him, whispering, "Your Majesty, this assassin was trying to save Palace Woman Mo in the Cold Palace. This servant accidently heard their plan and suffered for it."

Since he had made such a big sacrifice this time, he had to not only get the Emperor to arrest the assassin, he must also make sure Mo Qi couldn't untangle herself from this matter so that the Emperor would ruthlessly eliminate Mo Qi along with everything else.

Otherwise, he would just be wasting the injuring he suffered...

However, when the Emperor heard it, he looked pensively at Ling Xiao. The penetrating gaze made Ling Xiao fearful, and he shut his mouth.

The Emperor said, "This matter, We will make sure to get you justice, so nurse your wound properly for Us."

With those words, the Emperor carried Ling Xiao and left for Ning Xuan Palace.

The Emperor's embrace was really warm and firm, like when he had lost conscious before. This embrace caused Ling Xiao to long for it and also let him feel at ease.

He opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but for now he didn't want to destroy this short period of tenderness.

Furthermore, within the Emperor's words, it was not as simple as him nursing his wound, so it would probably be useless even if he said anymore.

Thinking this and that, Ling Xiao silently sank into his thoughts and obediently nested into the Emperor's embrace.

Outside the banquet palace.