Ch-34

Ling Xiao used his free hand to try and get back his dagger, but after trying twice and failing, he looked rather resentfully at Lan Wei, "This has nothing to do with you, right?"

"Actually, Young Master Lan Wei, aren't you the one that has even less of a reason to be here?" Ling Xiao said in an accusing manner.

Lan Wei's face went cold at his words and firmly grabbed Ling Xiao's wrist. Ling Xiao cried out in pain, his brows creasing.

"Can you not see your situation right now? You are in this Young Master's hands."

Ling Xiao mockingly smiled, "If I could run away from your hands once, I can do so again. If I could get the Emperor to punish the Prime Minister Household once, I can get the Emperor to do so a second time!"

"You!" Lan Wei's eyes burned with rage, pressing the dagger against Ling Xiao's neck.

"...You need to think carefully. I am someone the Emperor cares about, if I were to die, the Emperor would just have to think a bit..." Ling Xiao maintained a strong front of calmness.

Not saying that was better, as when he heard this, Lan Wei's remembered how the Prime Minister Household was implicated because of him. It was because the man in front of him had revealed it to the Emperor!

Lan Wei glared at Ling Xiao, his eyes showing hatred, but besides that was also a sentiment that Ling Xiao was unable to understand. This was all mixed together within Lan Wei's eyes, causing them to be pitch-black and dense like ink, making them look much more profound and mysterious.

Ling Xiao thought he saw wrong and blinked his eyes. The simple and arrogant Lan Wei could also have such a complicated expression?

When Ling Xiao wanted to take a closer look, Lan Wei let go of him and turned his head away.

Looking distractedly at him, he heard Lan Wei coldly snort and say to him, "Even you know that move."

He fiddled with the dagger in his hand, then threw it back to Ling Xiao, "Even if you don't tell me, this Young Master can still guess it. You came to kill Mo Qi."

The dagger that glinted with a cold light suddenly flew back to Ling Xiao, caused him to jump twice from fear. After confirming that he wasn't injured by the sharp dagger, Ling Xiao tightly gripped the dagger handle, scared witless.

Lan Wei sneered at the scene, "You can't even hold onto a dagger tightly, and you want to kill someone?"

Being mocked, Ling Xiao raised his eyes and glared at Lan Wei, "As long as Young Master Lan Wei does not involved yourself, then I will be able to stab down with this dagger."

Lan Wei scoffed at him, "This Young Master advises you to think clearly. The Emperor hates people who goes behind his back."

Ling Xiao's face turned strange at his words, was Lan Wei trying to persuade him?

Im-impossible!

The hatred between the two was deep, so how could Lan Wei try to persuade him?

Lan Wei's purpose was just to get him to give up and not injure Mo Qi.

It was already like this, yet Lan Wei was still unwilling to let go of Mo Qi.

He couldn't bear it and coldly ridiculed him, "Your beloved woman has already hooked up with another person, yet Young Master Lan Wei is still protecting her. Should I say your love is great and selfless, or should I say your heart is really big!"

Lan Wei heard that and glared at Ling Xiao in hate.

Being glared at but not told to shut up, he continued to mock him, "Oh, that's right, Mo Qi has never taken you seriously since the beginning. Young Master Lan Wei was merely just enduring hardships for her glady. Tsk tsk, the great Prime Minister's Young Master was being used like this, you really are a natural-born offender!"