Ch-55

Ling Xiao clenched his teeth in silence. Fu Yujun suddenly reached out his hand, but was interrupted halfway by Hong Ye's call.

Fu Yujun looked at Hong Ye, his gaze cold. She attempted to help Ling Xiao, "Your Highness, Young Master still hasn't..."

"Leave!" However, Fu Yujun did not plan to listen to what Hong Ye had to say and directly and coldly ordered her to go away.

Hong Ye hesitated a bit, but she could only turn around and leave under Fu Yujun's authority.

In a moment, only Fu Yujun and Ling Xiao remained in the entire courtyard.

Ling Xiao took a slight step back, keeping himself at a safe distance from Fu Yujun. He took the initiative to explain, "Seeing you admire that dancer so much, it was a bit hard for me to tell you and ruin your fantasy."

"So you just watched me as I ran around like a headless chicken looking for you?" Fu Yujun's tone carried anger.

He continued to wear a smile, but because of his anger, an oppressing atmosphere spilled from him, pressuring Ling Xiao to take back another two steps. Ling Xiao reluctantly became aware that even if this man in front of him was amiable and kind to him on any other day, he was still a prince, who had the blood of the Imperial Family, holding the life and death of many people in his hands.

He had a high position and possessed a strong pride. He would not allow someone to lie to him, especially on a matter he cared about.

Ling Xiao frowned. If he doesn't phrase his words well, they might be his last.

He must be more cautious.

Ling Xiao did not dare to speak and Fu Yujun got impatient from waiting. He approached him, a voice full of displeasure as he asked, "Why are you so far from me? Feeling guilty? "

He coldly smiled and grasp Ling Xiao's chin, "The reason why you aren't speaking, is it also guilt?"

Ling Xiao pursed his lips when he heard that. Fu Yujun's grip on his chin wasn't gentle at all and caused some pain for Ling Xiao. He threw off Fu Yujun's hold and couldn't help but say, "So what if I'm feeling guilty!?"

Feeling guilty was proof that he didn't think it would end up the way it did.

However, the way he said it was extremely arrogant, carrying a self-confidence that caused others animosity. For Fu Yujun, Ling Xiao's words crossed the line. He narrowed his eyes dangerously, "Well, aren't you rather honest now?"

Ling Xiao bit his lip. He knew that the words he said just now were hard for Fu Yujun to accept. But rather than trying to find an excuse, it was best to be honest.

Although he had a high position and had Ling Xiao's life and death in his hands, Fu Yujun was not like the Emperor who had a bitingly cold aura around him. Ling Xiao felt like death would be inevitable and trying to escape the city would be meaningless once that aura came out. That was the reason why Ling Xiao could never dare to be honest with the emperor.

Unlike the Emperor's deathly aura, Fu Yujun's aura, though frightening, only gave Ling Xiao the desire to gain some distance from it...

Perhaps, Fu Yujun had never thought about taking his life.

Having such thoughts, Ling Xiao finally gathered his courage to raise his head and look straight at Fu Yujun, "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not. I will just make one thing clear; I didn't want to hide this matter from you."

The little servant's appearance was very noble, his gaze was limpid and bright. With his pure eyes landing on his own twisted appearance, Fu Yujun felt that the Ling Xiao in front of him was a bit hard to face.