Ch-38

After Qi Lin left, Ling Xiao washed up like normal and leisurely left.

This assassination needed to give them a bit of time to prepare. If they went early, they would inadvertently alert the enemy and allow Mo Qi to cowardly retreat. Ling Xiao wouldn't be able to make up his losses if that happened.

Injuring oneself to gain the enemy's confidence was a very dangerous scheme. In his past life, Ling Xiao had also prepared it for Mo Qi, strenuously preparing for several months before daring to do it. Mo Qi was so anxious right now that she just randomly found some people. She was destined to fail.

However, Ling Xiao didn't want to just defeat her, he wanted to beat her into the ground. It would be even better if she lost her life this time.

No, it's not 'would be better', but 'will be certain'.

Placing his thoughts onto Fu Yujun, Ling Xiao wanted her to take responsibility for the consequences brought about by her own actions.

If Fu Yujun really got hurt due to her scheme, Ling Xiao wanted to see just how this Prince of Shao Country would handle it!

And if the Shao Country Prince was injured in Mu Country, Ling Xiao wanted to see how the Emperor would handle it.

Of course, Ling Xiao also needed to go to the Cold Palace.

After all, nominally he still needed to go prevent the matter from happening. There also needed to be someone at the scene to mess up Mo Qi's plan, preventing her from actually obtaining Fu Yujun's favorable impression.

This time, as long as Fu Yujun gets injured under Mo Qi's scheme, then this matter could not be settled as they wished and Mo Qi will face a catastrophe.

With these in mind, Ling Xiao set foot into the Cold Palace's main room. Fu Yujun was just downed by the cartilage powdered medicine, lying weakly on the ground with Xiao Laizi holding a dagger and approaching him.

Seeing Ling Xiao burst into the room, Xiao Laizi immediately went all out. He drew his dagger, faced Fu Yujun, and stabbed.

Xiao Laizi's speed was truly too fast, so fast that Mo Qi didn't even have the time to react when he stabbed at Fu Yujun. Mo Qi was like a wooden stake, standing motionlessly and blankly by Fu Yujun.

Although Fu Yujun suffered from the cartilage powdered medicine, the foundation of his martial arts were still there. Now that he was seeing the dagger coming toward him, he flipped himself in the direction of Ling Xiao and dodged the dagger.

It's just that the way he dodged was rather sorry, his white clothes were now stained with mud from the ground, and he lay on the ground, panting.

At this moment, Mo Qi finally reacted and shouted before throwing herself in the direction of Fu Yujun.

And since Xiao Laizi failed, he pointed the dagger at Fu Yujun and stabbed again.

Seeing that Mo Qi's scheme was about to be staged, Ling Xiao stood between Fu Yujun and Mo Qi. Because his blockage of Mo Qi was too well timed, it was already too late for her. Ling Xiao took the spot a step faster than Mo Qi, acting as a shield in front of Fu Yujun's body...

A "puchi" sounded by his ear as the sharp blade piercing his body and pain burst from his chest. Ling Xiao's face twisted in pain.

"You..." Fu Yujun looked at Ling Xiao who shielded him, his eyes widen in shock.

Fresh blood stained Ling Xiao's white clothing and his hair floated like an immortal beauty. With his chest stabbed by a dagger, the flowing blood dyed his front red, more garish and beautiful than peach blossoms.