Ch-56

The Emperor had rushed over thousands of miles from Mu Country to Shao Country silently. Ling Xiao vaguely knew that he had a purpose for doing so.

And that purpose wasn't to bring him back.

Otherwise, he could have taken him away that night...

Thinking to this point, Ling Xiao felt extremely complicated. He didn't know if he should be more happy or more sad.

The Emperor aside, now that Fu Yujun was in a crisis, he couldn't just ignore it either.

Firstly, Ling Xiao wouldn't be able to just sit and observe from the side, letting Fu Yujun die. Secondly, if it is the First Prince, who would come knocking on the door after beating Fu Yujun, would his own ending be a good one once he fell in his hands? 

And even if he assumes that Hong Ye really did protect him and he manages to avoid being dealt with by the First Prince, he would still end up in the Emperor's hands... 

And if such thing really happened, then the conclusion for him would be...

Ling Xiao suddenly trembled from the chill... he quickly shook his head to stop himself from thinking any further down that line.

This won't do! Whether it was for himself or for some other reason, he can't let Fu Yujun even accidently lose!

However, trying to save Fu Yujun was easier said than done.

Seeing how there were fifty thousand troops and horses heading off to battle against a three hundred thousand army, Ling Xiao doesn't know if he should praise Fu Yujun for his great courage or scold him for being stupid.

There was no doubt he was just going to throw his life away. The only things that could save him right now were modern weapons, like guns or gunpowder...

Thinking to that point, Ling Xiao looked around and his gaze landed on the charcoal in the corner of the room. He knew that the stone walls contained some kind of saltpeter and he guessed that the substance used to ward bugs off, which was spread around in his surrounding, had sulfur in it. A flash passed in his eyes as a plan formed in his mind. Finally, his eyes fell onto Xiao Feng.

He needed support for his plan to work.

With those thoughts, Ling Xiao walked and sat down next to Xiao Feng. He looked at the wounds on his body and asked in a friendly manner, "Imperial guard Xiao, how are your injuries?"

"I am fine, they're just some flesh wounds. Young Master does not need to worry, this subordinate will protect you." Xiao Feng loyally replied, but his eyes has a glint of deceit, trying to see what Ling Xiao was thinking.

Ling Xiao sneered. Reaching up to the present situation, what use was there to probe him?

Although he didn't know Xiao Feng that well, he had still heard about him. His everyday conduct is smooth, yet cagey and vague. His martial arts, however, were not so good. Even so, he has strategies upon strategies and is very valued by Fu Yujun. When Fu Yujun traveled to Mu Country, he brought Xiao Feng along and now he entrusted Ling Xiao to him. 

Xiao Feng also did not fail to live up to Fu Yujun's generous treatment. In the moment of crisis, he still did his best to help Fu Yujun.

He was a loyal and reliable person.

Thinking so, Ling Xiao went nearer to him and asked in a hush voice, "Imperial Guard Xiao, are you worried about the Second Prince?"

Hearing the question, Xiao Feng went silent and stared blankly. It was clear to Ling Xiao that this silence meant that Xiao Feng was worried.