Ch-37

Ling Xiao raised his eyebrows in astonishment.

Fu Yujun was the Prince of Shao Country, so refusing would be harmful to the two countries' relationship. This was also the reason why he and Lan Wei were so sure the Emperor would not refuse. However, from what Xiao Lizi was saying, that Emperor really refused?

Ling Xiao looked at Xiao Lizi. Getting the hint, he hurried to continue, "Steward, that Prince of Shao Country's purpose wasn't genuine. Mo Qi—Palace Woman Mo is someone the Emperor personally ordered into the Cold Palace. He even ordered that she is not to be let out in her entire lifetime."

Xiao Lizi did not continue speaking after that, but Ling Xiao was clear on what he meant. Fu Yujun trying to invite someone that belonged to the Emperor. If the Emperor had agreed, then it would be like invalidating his order from before. It was the same as slapping his own face.

Between his own face and the relationship between the two countries, the Emperor chose to protect his own face.

No, that's not right. Ling Xiao understood the Emperor.

The Emperor would not hit his own face, but also wouldn't spite the relationship between the two countries.

The Emperor must have done something, it was impossible for him to disagree and leave it at that.

Just as he was thinking of that, Xiao Lizi continued, "But because the Prince of Shao Country is an important guest; even though the Emperor did not agree, he did concede."

"Concede? How did the Emperor do that?" Ling Xiao curiously asked.

Xiao Lizi heard him and answered, "Steward, the Emperor said that if the Prince of Shao Country liked Palace Woman Mo a lot, then both Palace Woman Mo and the Cold Palace could all be given to the Shao Country's Prince."

Surprised at what he heard, Ling Xiao flabbergastingly asked, "...With the Cold Palace?"

Xiao Lizi answered, "The Emperor said that this Palace Woman Mo was someone he personally ordered into the Cold Palace, never leave it in her lifetime. As such, as long as Palace Woman Mo is in the Mu Country, then she cannot leave the Cold Palace. If the Prince of Shao Country liked her, that's fine. The Emperor hopes for him to obtain his beauty. However, the Emperor deigned the Prince of Shao Country to the Cold Palace to obtain his beauty."

Hearing this decision that was outside of his expectations, Ling Xiao involuntarily laughed. However... Ling Xiao was doubtful at the same time, "That Cold Palace is in the imperial palace, so isn't this the equivalent of giving the Shao Country's Prince the freedom to come and go as he pleases?"

Xiao Lizi shooked his head at his words, enduring the urge to laugh as he said, "Steward, how could the Emperor allow the Prince of another country the freedom to come and go in the imperial palace? The Emperor sent people to make a small door to the Cold Palace that directly leads to the storage. By the storage place is a side door that allows one to exit the palace. If the Prince of Shao Country wants to see Palace Woman Mo, then he needs to use the side door of the storage place, and then go through the small door and meet with Palace Woman Mo. This road normally has guards, so we also will have no need to fear that the Shao Country's Prince will try something."

"A grand Prince that represents Shao Country's image going through the side door?" Ling Xiao looked at Xiao Lizi, who was enduring a laugh, and also couldn't help but laugh.

This move of the Emperor really was malicious!

Xiao Lizi replied, "Isn't that just the way it is. Back then, this servant saw the Prince of Shao Country's entire face turn black, but the Emperor had already conceded. That Shao Country Prince wanted Palace Woman Mo, the Emperor also conferred to him, so Shao Country also doesn't have much to say about our Mu Country.