Ch-59

The misty water saturated the room, as Ling Xiao soaked in a pool of water, staring blankly at the command plate lying ashore.

The Emperor was really letting him off...

It felt so unbelievable. He had used the excuse of wanting to take a bath to escape from the Emperor's hold.

He was then led to the bath by the chamberlain who stood by the Emperor's side.

Ling Xiao softly sighed and moved the command plate a bit.

Having this thing means he will no longer have to be so scared or always be on edge in the palace. He also won't tremble with fear all the time in front of the Emperor.

Although he says that, was it really possible?

Ling Xiao continued to contemplate on it as he stared at the command plate. A flash of light went through his eyes and he pursed his lips, tightly holding it in his hands.

Perhaps he can test it.

"Young Master?" A call for him came through the door.

Ling Xiao returned to his senses and answered to the call outside, "What is it?"

"The Emperor is waiting for you."

Ling Xiao was surprised and then noticed that he had actually been in the bath for quite a long time. The Emperor probably became impatient and had someone come get him.

With those thoughts, Ling Xiao stood up and wore the close-fitting white clothes the chamberlain held up for him. He then followed the man to the Emperor's room.

The table was covered in various dishes, showing that it was time for the Emperor to eat. He was already sitting by the table.

However, the bowl and chopsticks in front of the Emperor had not been moved yet, clearly assuring Ling Xiao that the Emperor had not eaten yet.

Ling Xiao walked over and by habit, saluted to the Emperor once and planned to serve the Emperor as he ate.

But the Emperor interrupted Ling Xiao's action and used his eyes to tell him to sit.

Stopping for a short moment, Ling Xiao then remembered that he was already no longer the Steward Ling that served the Emperor.

He hid his thoughts and obediently sat by the Emperor, who then started to raise his bowl and chopsticks.

Ling Xiao was stunned, the Emperor... was waiting for him to eat together?

He blinked his eyes, licked his lips and threw away those thoughts, flusteredly following the Emperor's action to also take his own bowl and chopsticks.

But his heart was greatly nervous.

Ling Xiao's restless appearance was observed by the Emperor when he glanced at him. Then he calmly asked, "Not used to it?"

Ling Xiao stopped, lightly placed down his bowl and chopsticks and honestly nodded his head.

This was not only the first time for him to eat with the Emperor, but also the first time someone had waited for him to eat together since he came to this world. It cause a warmth that he hadn't felt in a long time to reappear in him.  

It was so ever since he came to this world. In his past life, he helped Mo Qi plan and scheme, while in this life, he was busy avenging himself. The whole way through was like walking on ice floe.

In the past when he helped Mo Qi, he was always by himself, while in this life when he tried to avenge himself, he was always by himself. He had almost forgotten how ordinary and comforting it is to eat a meal with someone else.