Ch-13

Steward, that little Lingzi fell ill." A small eunuch told Steward Xu.

Steward Xu was surprised and stood up, frowning, "Fell ill?"

The eunuch nodded, "Yes, this servant just went and took a look. He was lying on the bed half-dead."

"You're certain?" Steward Xu raised his eyebrows.

The little eunuch repeatedly nodded, "This servant is sure."

"You told me to go look and see what was going on, so this servant went. This servant walked to his doorway and called for him, but there wasn't any answer, so this servant went in without permission. He was just lying there, looking as if he was dying."

"Steward, should we go and get some medicine for him?" The small eunuch asked.

"No." Steward Xu rejected his idea immediately and couldn't help but giggle foolishly, "This really is heaven helping me."

He cheerfully laughed twice and ordered, "Without my permission, no one is allowed to give Ling Xiao medicine."

The small eunuch was shocked for a moment and then immediately lowered his head in understanding, answering obediently.

Steward Xu sinisterly narrowed his eyes, "You can go."

"Yes."

Looking at the small eunuch's back, Steward Xu leisurely flung back the whisk. Recently, the Emperor had been very trusting of Ling Xiao whom he had long disapproved of. It was just that he didn't have any information he could use against Ling Xiao. Additionally, the Emperor wasn't easy to fool, so he did not dare to do anything.

But now, Ling Xiao had fallen ill on his own.

If a person died from illness, then it couldn't be blamed on anyone.

Steward Xu evilly laughed.

The Emperor felt that these past two days had been quite strange. His clothes were loose, including his belt, and his breakfast tasted wrong. Even practicing with his sword felt wrong.

He frowned and looked around once before he found that he was lacking one of his little eunuchs who previously had always served him considerately.

He slightly frowned and looked at Steward Xu, asking, "Where's Ling Xiao?"

Steward Xu stared blankly for a moment. In his heart, he had already come up with a solution, and he bowed his head in salute, saying, "Your Majesty, that little Lingzi accidentally caught a cold and it's been two days already. Your servant was afraid he'd pass it to you and had him rest in his room."

The Emperor raised an eyebrow, so Steward Xu immediately added, "Your servant already had people boil medicine for him, I'm afraid that he just can't attend to Your Highness for a while."

"Is it serious?" The Emperor asked with his lips pursed.

"It is not considered serious, it's just that it will take some time for him to recover." Steward Xu saluted.

The Emperor lightly sighed, "Pick a hundred year ginseng for him to use and get an imperial physician to look at him."

Steward Xu was dismayed and paused for a few seconds. He hadn't expected the Emperor to regard that little eunuch, Ling Xiao, as important,  and the jealousy in his heart increased. However, he still put on a deferential appearance and agreed, "Yes."

Steward Xu's slight pause attracted the Emperor's attention, and the Emperor looked at him, his eyes searching.

At his stare, Steward Xu stiffened.