Ch-65

Ling Xiao was somewhat amazed. In his past life, Mu Xiuning always held some kind of indescribable enmity against him. Although the man's gentle temper insured he would not move against him, Ling Xiao would still never look him in the eyes.

To think Ling Xiao would be able to see such a peaceful side of the other in this lifetime...

Ling Xiao lightly smiled and called from afar to the man.

"Imperial Uncle."

"Imperial Uncle?" Mu Xiuning was obviously astonished. He walked in front of him and sized him up.

Being so blatantly stared at, Ling Xiao felt a bit uncomfortable as his body went a bit stiff.

Mu Xiuning moved away his gaze when he had seen Ling Xiao's discomfort and quietly said, "How could I be your Imperial Uncle? You can't randomly call people that way."

Ling Xiao paused, raising his eyes to look at Mu Xiuning. He noticed that the latter looked a bit dissatisfied as he openly checked him out.

Ling Xiao understood at that very moment.

He had heard that when the Emperor was young, he had been taken care of by Mu Xiuning for a while. So he naturally became more affectionate toward the Emperor.

Since Mu Xiuning had not met with Mo Qi yet and with how he was here to check him out right now, the only reason Ling Xiao could think of was the Emperor.

Mu Xiuning came to find him, the male consort the Emperor chose.

He himself knows that he does not meet the qualifications for becoming a male consort.

Ling Xiao coldly smiled in his heart. Whether he was qualified or not has nothing to do with Mu Xiuning.

After thinking for a while, Ling Xiao deliberately expressed his position by replying, "As you are the Emperor's Imperial Uncle, then it is only natural that you are now also Ling Xiao's Imperial Uncle."

"The Emperor?" Mu Xiuning was out of it for a while, before he replied with a bit of reproach, "The Emperor had not called me Imperial Uncle in a long time. He had long stop regarding me as his family."

Ling Xiao was a bit startled. Although he knew that the Emperor had an Imperial Uncle, but whether it was his past lifetime or this one, he really never heard the Emperor call Mu Xiuning this way.

In fact, he had rarely ever seen the two meet.

Rumor has it the Emperor had already drifted apart from his Imperial Uncle.

From seeing Mu Xiuning's current expression, it seems like the rumors were true.

It's just that... listening to Mu Xiuning's complaining tone as he spoke of the Emperor, the anger within Ling Xiao still bursted out.

He couldn't hold back his anger as he clashed head-on with Mu Xiuning, "If the Emperor had not recognized his relationship with you, why would he leave you alive?! Right now, the only living members of the royal family are you and him! All the other people have been beheaded by the Emperor..."

Ling Xiao's eyes meet with Mu Xiuning's warning gaze as it suddenly made him realized just how disgraceful it was of him to speak of that matter.

The imperial family of Mu Country used to have many members. Originally, the title of 'Emperor' should have not yet passed down to the current monarch, however reality showed otherwise. So, for the Emperor to hold his position now, only he would know just what experiences he had gone through.

It was obvious to anyone with a discerning eye to see that things were not as they appeared. The children of the imperial family had died one after the other, until the Emperor and his Imperial Uncle were the only ones left. As his Imperial Uncle had renounced the throne of his own accord, the Emperor was the only remaining hair, who could succeed it.