Ch-57

In the end, Fu Yujun had still caught Fu Shangjun. The soldiers, who lost both their master and morale, had chosen to surrender for the most part.

And thus, this farce had slowly been pulled under the heavy curtain.

With the fire and smoke having been scattered away, the front of the Imperial Palace appeared ashy and razed.

Corpses littered everywhere, making it a rather ghastly sight for people to see.

The citizens within the capital had long escaped, making it seem like a ghost city. Furthermore, over fifty percent of the homes now laid in ruins due to the war, making the atmosphere even more desolated and dimmed.

Fu Yujun had rushed straight into the front line and was able to catch Fu Shangjun with his exceptional martial arts, bringing about the surrender of the enemy army and winning the war. However, obtaining the city as it was right now, how could anyone feel happy about such a victory?    

Ling Xiao kept his calm as his eyes landed on terrifying dead bodies. He carefully shuttled through them while holding a small bundle, before finally arriving in front of Fu Yujun.

Fu Yujun's body was full of injuries wrapped with layers of bandages, but blood still seeped through. Yet, it was as if he was unable to feel the pain, just standing and gazing at the city, his face full of worries. His lowered lips and knitted brows showed that he was very concerned.

Ling Xiao quietly sighed and reached out to lightly pat Fu Yujun's shoulder.

Fu Yujun suddenly returned to his senses and raised his head to look at Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao's face was currently covered in dust and ash, his hair disordered while his clothes were also ripped in many places. He appeared very battered and exhausted, but his expression was still very clear, his gaze lively and the glance shot right into Fu Yujun's heart. His heart soften, sweeping away much of the dust within the bottom of it.

Ling Xiao passed the bundle in his hands back to him, "There is no one better to safekeep this kind of thing than yourself."

Fu Yujun looked at the items in the bundle and did not refuse to take it back from Ling Xiao. He placed the items back into his wide sleeves.

Ling Xiao saw that he had taken them from him and finally heaved a breath of relief.

Fu Yujun slightly smiled when he saw that. He reached out to pull Ling Xiao, "This time, if there wasn't you, then there wouldn't be a Fu Yujun."

Fu Yujun spoke sincerely with his face full of appreciation.

Ling Xiao who originally wanted to resist the pull, quieted down when he saw that.

He slowly breathe in and shook his head, "You had also helped me before, I just don't want something bad to happen to a good brother."

"Brother?" Fu Yujun raised an eyebrow as he watched Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao nodded his head very certainly. That appearance was telling Fu Yujun that they were the closest brothers in the world, apart from this, there was nothing else.

Fu Yujun chuckled at the sight and placed his hands behind his back, teasing him, "Did you know, we in the Shao Country who place great importance on our bloodline, could even have  husband and wife call themselves brothers?"

"!" Ling Xiao widen his eyes, stunned. His confused appearance was very cute and managed to improve Fu Yujun's mood some more.

He continued to tease him, "I'm so happy, you finally admitted to us being a husband and wife."