Ch-43

With Ling Xiao's early preparations, the Emperor had already inhaled a lot of calming incense and now that he consumed cartilage powdered medicine, Ling Xiao could see that the Emperor seemed uncomfortable. Not even a moment later, he fell onto Ling Xiao's shoulder.

"Your Majesty... Your Majesty..."

Ling Xiao felt the weight and reached out to grab the Emperor's shoulder, slightly pushing him and called out a few times probingly.

Seeing that the Emperor did not react, Ling Xiao felt pleased and made his way to the bed with the Emperor with some effort.

"Mu Chong Xuan, don't blame me, I just want to live. If I really did as you said and was honest with you, you would definitely not put up with my lies and exploitation, I had no choice but to make a plan."

He mumbled those words to himself as he fumbled around the Emperor's body to find something. Soon, he found a gold-gilded command plate near the Emperor's waist.

Delighted, Ling Xiao placed the plate in his own bosom.

Seeing the shadows of the chamberlain and eunuchs reflected in the window, Ling Xiao's eyes glinted, and he touched the command plate before walking out and opening a small crack in the door.

Xiao Lizi from outside immediately went up to Ling Xiao to meet him, though he looked slightly surprised, he still immediately saluted and greeted him once, "Steward Ling."

Ling Xiao nodded his head, saying, "The Emperor is resting at my place today, you can all retire. There is no need to do the night vigil."

"......" Xiao Lizi was flabbergasted, then immediately said happily, "Then, Steward, you and the Emperor are finally..."

Xiao Lizi was full of smiles as he looked at Ling Xiao, strongly hinting at something that caused Ling Xiao to shiver a bit and lightly kick him, "Only you are so happy. Since you know, then take the people and leave."

Hearing this, Xiao Lizi paused before shaking his head, "We can't do that, Steward. Even if the Emperor is resting in his own Qin Palace, we servants still need to keep a night vigil. Otherwise, if the servants have all retired and the Emperor calls out for something, what would he do if he can't get someone?"

Ling Xiao stared at Xiao Lizi, whose face held a trace of doubt. He kept trying to peer into the room behind Ling Xiao, but unfortunately Ling Xiao's body obstructed Xiao Lizi's view.

Xiao Lizi frowned, his doubt growing even stronger. Seeing that, Ling Xiao sneered and fished out the command plate from his waist, coldly saying, "What? Even if you don't believe in the Steward's words, you should recognize the command plate the Emperor gave me, right?"

Xiao Lizi raised his head to look at the gold-gilded plate. Under the light, its brightness was quite dazzling, startling him. Xiao Lizi took the lead to kneel down in front of Ling Xiao, who coldly said, "Hurry up and leave."

"Yes." Xiao Lizi no longer dared to tarry and left, taking the others with him.

Ling Xiao walked out and looked around. Seeing that there wasn't anyone left, he felt proud of himself and walked back inside to change into a eunuch's clothing.

Looking at the Emperor whose clothes he had pried open and laid casually on the bed, Ling Xiao became worried that he would catch a cold and went back to cover him with a blanket, leaning over to tuck in the sides. Facing the unconscious Emperor, Ling Xiao sighed rather sorrowfully and couldn't help but quietly whisper his goodbyes, "Goodbye, my Emperor."

After he finished speaking, Ling Xiao rose and turned around, about to walk out the door without the slightest hesitation.

Suddenly, his wrist was grabbed and his world spun, making Ling Xiao cry out in alarm. As he was pushed down onto the bed, the wound on his chest flared up, causing him to cry out once again, but in pain. Looking up, he saw that the person pressing him down was actually the Emperor who he had thought was unconscious...