Ch-66

"......" It took only one sentence from the Emperor to shock Ling Xiao awake.

He watched, stunned as the Emperor held his hands behind his back and walked until he was right in front of him.

"Mo Qi told Us some very strange things. Would you like to hear them?"

Though the Emperor talked like he was asking Ling Xiao, he did not wait for his reply and continued to speak, "She said, she had killed you. She also said, We had killed her."

"......" Cold sweat dripped from Ling Xiao while he faced the Emperor's sharp gaze. He could feel his legs weakening.

He swallowed his saliva and then managed to find his way out of this question, "Then... Your Majesty, do you believe her?"

The Emperor stared at Ling Xiao for a long time, before he raised his hand to hold Ling Xiao's chin and said "We would believe you. Why not tell us about it?"

This was clearly just kicking the question back to him!

Ling Xiao's face paled. Although the Emperor pleasantly said he believed in him, if he couldn't give him a good enough reason to convince the other, how could his reply satisfy the Emperor?

From the very beginning the Emperor wanted Ling Xiao to reply to this question.

While Ling Xiao considered the matter, the thought of being honest had crossed his mind. However, his situation is unimaginable. Would the Emperor believe him if he told him the truth? And if he did, how would he treat a person who had transcended this world? 

He raised his head in turmoil and gave the Emperor a glance. The other party only coldly looked back at him, wearing an omniscient appearance. Ling Xiao widen his eyes in surprise as he recognized that look that meant the Emperor was just inspecting and verifying the other's loyalty. After all, the Emperor did not bother with what others have to say. Once he asked, he pretty much already knew the answer.

Ling Xiao threw away that last trace of his hesitation after he thought it through and took a deep breath, firming his resolution and then clearly said, "Your Majesty, it's true that Mo Qi had killed me."

Ling Xiao's words caused the Emperor to raise an eyebrow. He kept his hands behind his back while still wearing his profound appearance. Ling Xiao was terrified; although he guessed that the emperor was pondering about the matter, he did not know what directions the other man's thoughts trial to.  

However, since he had already spoken, then there was no more leeway for him to regret it. He could only brace himself and continue, "She... wanted to poison me to death, while I continued to look for an opportunity to take revenge."

Ling Xiao deliberately spoke ambiguously as he did not clear up the fact that Mo Qi wanting to poison him to death was something from his past lifetime, nor did he say whether or not Mo Qi had succeed.

The things he mentioned have all happened in this lifetime. That way, he avoided talking to the Emperor about something as unrealistic and hard to accept as a past lifetime.

And yet, it was all meaningless as the Emperor was already aware of everything as he interrupted, "So We had killed her because you have died." 

His words were not a question, but a declaration of his certainty.

Ling Xiao listened in surprise, but could only feel his back grow cold.

The Emperor looked back at him coldly while words flowed from his thin lips, "that is, in your past lifetime."

"Your Majesty... you..." Ling Xiao's heart thumped and he started to panic.

"That would explain all of your clever schemes."