Ch-30

Ling Xiao's body went rigid as the sword that was sticking to his neck emitted a blood-thirsty cold light. Ling Xiao knew that this sword was very sharp. With just a light stroke, it could cut open his skin and veins, leaving him to die right here.

He could not help the fright in his heart, and was somewhat flustered.

However, Ling Xiao was clear that in order for him to have a discussion with Lan Wei, he needed to overcome this fright. He swallowed his saliva and took deep breaths to calm himself. He knew that Lan Wei still did not dare to harm him. With his currently position in the Emperor's eyes, he did not dare to do anything.

While thinking of that, Ling Xiao's heart calmed slightly.

"What, so scared you don't dare to move?" Seeing Ling Xiao's back that did not move at all, Lan Wei sneered and ridiculed him.

Ling Xiao heard that and turned around, but his expression had already let go of the confusion and fear, returning to calm.

"Young Master Lan Wei." He serenely called him.

Lan Wei was surprised by his calm state and frowned.

"You don't look alarmed at all?" He raised the sword in his hand and pointed back at him.

Ling Xiao lightly smiled at his words, his face didn't change color as he stated, "Young Master Lan Wei is well-versed in martial arts, I would be sensed eventually, so why would I still need to be alarmed?"

"Since you know that this Young Master is well-versed in martial arts, then why did you follow?" Lan Wei sneered.

Ling Xiao dipped his head, playing with his palm and looked thoughtful.

Mo Qi had already been beaten into the Cold Palace and the chance she would be able to free herself was extremely low. However, if Lan Wei helped, then her probability would rise immensely. He couldn't let it happen at all cost.

With those thoughts, Ling Xiao said, "I came, to give Young Master Lan Wei a reminder."

Lan Wei frowned doubtfully at Ling Xiao, tightening his lips and asking, "What?"

Ling Xiao raised his head and smiled, "Do not be exploited by Mo Qi again."

Lan Wei being exploited by Mo Qi was something Ling Xiao once loved to hear about. However, this time was different. Lan Wei doing something was a crucial point, directly related to whether Mo Qi was able to leave the Cold Palace or not. Ling Xiao did so much to finally get Mo Qi in, so how could he let someone let her out?

Lan Wei narrowed his eyes dangerously at his words. He listed his sword and pressed it close to Ling Xiao's artery, "Why are you trying to drive a wedge between this Young Master and Qi Qi's feelings?"

"Is it a wedge? Young Master Lan Wei should be well aware of the situation." Ling Xiao sensed the threat behind the sword, but he seamlessly walked a step away from it so he could be far from the sword.

Lan Wei heard his question and recalled in disappointment everything Mo Qi had done since she entered the palace. His heart was disturbed, and he flew into rage from the humiliation. He lifted the sword and advanced toward Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao dodged all the strikes as best as he could and stiffly asked, "Lan Wei, you aren't this stupid, right? Sneaking into the imperial palace at night is a large crime, you even dared to injure the one who is by the Emperor's side and receiving favor from him? You don't care about the fate of the Prime Minister's household?!"

These words were effective as Lan Wei stopped his actions, and Ling Xiao silently heaved a sigh of relief. He was really afraid that Lan Wei would be impulsive and that he would lose his life.