chip × M!athletic reader

◇That's gonna leave a mark◇

ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖᵒᵛ

Me and my pal gadget were heading to the gym to go use the pool to practice for the swimming competition "Thanks for inviting me out y/n." She says glancing up at me "No problem gadget how are zipper and the kids?" She laughs "Tommy. Phill, wally and little Jacob just turned 10 the other day." "Woah sounds like a handful." I say opening the door to the pool "Hey isn't that Chip?"  She says walking in and placing her stuff on the bench I glance over and see chip "Oh that is I wonder what he's doing here."

I set my things down and slide my shirt off while gadget pulls her hair up and ties it into a ponytail "Hey chip!" She yells getting the attention of the chipmunk who waves before falling into the pool when he lays on me I raise my eye brow and brush it off before getting in the pool and swimming around gadget gets in after and swims over to chip who was trying to get water out of his nose I swim over and and pat his back he puts out a had thinking it's gadget but once he sees me he freaks out and all the water comes out of his nose I flinch and back away a bit as he coughs up the rest of the water " Oh god are you okay?" "Yeah I'm fine I just hold on." He says in between coughs.

He goes under water and screams before coming back up "So uh how have you been y/n long time no see e." I nod a bit still a bit shaken up from hat just happened "Me and gadget are just practicing for the swimming competition that's happening in a few weeks." I say as gadget nods "What no way me too!" He says sounding seemingly sarcastic "Well we can practice together." He chuckled sheepishly before his face goes bright red "Us..together as in me and you." "Hey I'm not a ghost!" Gadget says sassily making me laugh.

I turn and see a girl getting on the diving board "Oh gadget look." I say tapping her shoulder she looks just in time as the girl jumps up doing a few flips I'm the air before landing in the water with a small splash "That's impressive." Gadget says while clapping a few times "Yeah if only I could do that." I say flicking my wrist "Hey where's chip?" She mentions I look and see chip isn't by my side anymore he on the diving board "Chip what are you doing?!" I yell a bit shocked "Just going on the diving board what else." "Yeah but chip-" "Thank me later hon." He goes to the end of the diving board before jumping up and down multiple times "Chip!" Gadget yells as he jumps on the diving board and slips due to the slippery feeling I cover my eyes as gadget cringes and looks away hearing the slapping sound of chip's body hitting the water.

I got out of the water as gadget helps chip out of the water "Chip what were you thinking you could've gotten hurt!" "I did get hurt." He says showing me the mark on his back gadget and me stare in disbelief it was huge and really red he was also missing a tone of fur "Is it bad?" "No it's just hu- I mean a little noticeable!" I say trying not to lace my voice with sarcasm "It's just uhm..a bit red." Gadget says "Is it like really bad or-" "No buddy it's not bad!" I yell grabbing him by the shoulders before he could look inthe mirror I turned him towards me and smiled sheepishly as his face blushed red, he tries looking over his shoulder but I pull him into a hug "Uh.." He trails off his face heating up with blush "Missed you chippy." I say looking at his rash.

Praying that he won't find out..

𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝗼𝐰 𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝐭𝗼 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐩'𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐛𝗼𝐱(*^-^*)