Chip × F!Mother reader

●Father's for favorites●

ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖᵒᵛ

I placed the last moving box on the counter and exhaled a heavy breath "Mommy! Mommy!" I hear my son and daughter shout "Yes Lady and Russell?" I look down at the two who run up to me "When can we go see Uncle Dale again!" Lady chirps but right as she said that Chip walked in and yawned "What about dale?" He says looking at the kids, who look at eachother then back at him "We wanna go see Uncle dale." Russell says while side eyeing chip.

Ever since me and chip got married my children refuse to accept him as there step dad but they'll gladly accept Dale as there Uncle "He's at work kids maybe after." I say taking the stuff out the box and putting them on the counter Lady whines and Russell crosses his arms and mumbles something I couldn't hear but apparently chip heard it and look down sadly as they left the kitchen. Chip sighed and put his head on my shoulder while I unpacked "Your kids don't Like me." "You always say that, they're just adjusting because you're not there real dad." He sighs "We've been with each other for 3 years they've had plenty of time to adjust." I caress his cheek and kiss his nose softly "Just give them a little more time I'll talk about them soon."

He smiles dryly and nods "Now help me unpack and Lady let go of millie's tail!" I yell over my other shoulder seeing my daughter having a job ride on chip's dog's tail "They like the dog and not me I don't know how to feel about that." He jokes, I laugh and place the empty box onthe floor "Don't worry chippy sooner or later they'll at least call you Mr.Chip and not just chip." I say.

ᶠˡᵃˢʰ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ
My children don't like chip all because he's not there real dad but in reality there real dad left me when I was in labor with Lady Russell was 3 and he bought him a Lego set, left Lady a blanket and left for one of his friend's girlfriend's.

Broke my heart but my kids always believe that he'll come back especially Russell he loved his dad so much and Lady hasn't even met the dude but wants to meet him because Russell won't keep talking about how cool he is but during my struggles and heavy lifting to keep food on the table I met chip at his insurance company after Lady got ran over by a drunk driver and broke her leg and fractured her rib I was devastated and in desperate need of help and he helped me financially, mentally and physically if you know what I mean. Then we started dating after Lady recovered I told my kids about it and they especially Russell disapproved of him, and ever since they've been refusing to respect him whenever I'm not around.
ᵉⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᶠˡᵃˢʰ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ
I've had multiple talks with Russell and Lady but the anwser was always the same with both of them "He's not my dad." And "Because Russell doesn't like him." I've grown to try and bring them together but it always ends up in Lady following Russell's lead.

I know that dale and chip aren't on good terms but the kids insist on seeing him and I would usually say yes but I myself didn't feel like visiting anyone either I've been in and out of the house all day "Mommy are my shoes on the right feet?" Lady asks "No sweetie and where did you get shoes from?" I laugh "Uncle dale he took me and Russell shopping remember." She says twirling in that Minnie mouse costume, chip smiled at her but she stuck her tounge out at him and went to go put her shoes on the right feet "See that's pure hatred." I giggle and pet his head softly "Relax honey she's only copying her brother but she really cares about you." I say "Why did dale buy her shoes anyway we don't really need them." He complains "Baby I said relax go make yourself some coffee I'll be in the bedroom if you need me." I walked out of the kitchen and walked past the kids room, there door was slightly opened and I heard a conversation that I suppose I wasn't supposed to hear.

"And this is dad taking me and mom to Disney world when you were in her belly." Russell said "Woah and he's really coming back to get us soon?" Lady spouted "Hopefully I want Mommy to be happy but I want her to be happy with daddy." "Me to have I ever seen him?" "No but he's seen you Mommy posted a picture of you when you were born and daddy liked it." "Then why didn't he come back to see me for real life?" Lady asked sadly "Because when I was little like you daddy said he didn't want a girl he wanted another boy." "Then why should I be happy for him to come back when he didn't wanted me.." "He did want you Lady but he wanted to see his other girlfriend to." Lady stood up from where she was sitting "But Chip said that if you really love someone you don't have another girlfriend or boyfriend." Russell stood up with tears in his eyes "What does chip know! He's trying so hard to be our daddy but he isn't!" "But our dad don't wanna be with us!" Lady argued back for her being only 3 her vocabulary was the same as a 6 year old, all of a sudden there voices got higher and higher just like when chip gets angry his high pitched voice begins to peak in.

I accidentally leaned on the door and there arguing stopped and there voices went back to normal "What was that?" "Lemme see." Russell made his way to the door and I wasn't gonna run away I stood there as Russell opened the door "Mommy?!" "Uh oh do you think she heard." Lady tries whispering to Russell "Yes Lady I heard." I walked into there room and closed the door behind me I know it was bad to eavesdrop especially on my own kids but this was a situation that had to be stopped "Russell, Lady sit down please." They sit down on there beds and look up at me like they were in trouble "Russell listen to me I know you and your daddy were close but he left me for alot of reasons that you're not old enough to understand and Lady your daddy wanted nothing to do with you which is why he left and no Russell your daddy didn't like the post his brother did because he was happy to finally have a niece."

They listened carefully and with every word I said Russell looked crushed "I know that was alot to take it but Russell can you be honest with Mommy please?" I asks, he nods with tears eyes "Why don't you like chip?" He looks at Lady who smiles at him and nods "Because I don't like the idea of another man trying to replace daddy, I don't Like the fact the another man is marked as my dad on the school book of who to call, I don't like the fact that other kids think he's my real dad and think it's cool that he is my 'dad', I don't like the fact that Lady actually liked him at first and just threw the idea of meeting our real dad away.." He says in-between sniffles obviously holding back his tears while hugging himself, Lady wrapped her arms around him and comforted him. "Aw honey come here.." I say in a soft voice while walking up to him and picking him up as he cried into my shoulder "I know that all this has been a huge change but I need you to know that nothing last forever me and your daddy just weren't meant to be okay..?" He sniffles and nods wiping his runny nose with his sleeve "Now can you be a big boy and go apologize to chip for being rude?" He nods as I set him down.

He walked out to the living room fiddling with his hands chip looks at him but before he could say something Russell jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly "I'm so sorry for treating you like trash the entire time when you've been the nicest step dad anyone could ask for please forgive me! Please,please,please!" Russell yells, chip calmed him down "It's okay, I understand you can't handle change and me entering your life triggered you, I forgive you Russell it's okay." Chip says calmly. Russell looks up at him and smiles "Thanks..dad." He says softly before hugging him chip sat there to shocked to speak but I saw tears whell up in his eyes in happiness me and Lady share a look before nodding.

𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝗼𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝗺𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝗼𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝗼 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝗺𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱. 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝗼𝗺 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝗺𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝗼𝗺 𝐔𝐩 𝐬𝗼 𝐬𝗼𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐝𝗼 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 2 (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧