PROLOGUE

SUKEHIRO FAMILY SUCCESSFULLY CAPTURED AND ELIMINATED AFTER MANY DECADES

          "Thank you for your help, Sukehiro," the suited pro hero gave the girl a firm pat on her shoulder but no response was illicited from her. She was silent, completely unreadable and even more so with the sunglasses on, obscuring every possible emotion that flitted through those very eyes. She quietly stared at the newspaper, the large headlines glaring at her, as if mocking her, reminding her that she was a traitor and these people praised her for it because they were heroes.

          But she chose this. She believed it to be right because gazing down at her scarred hands, she knew that she made the correct decision. A moment longer in there, she would have lost herself and she probably would have lost her life.

          She gazed down at the faces of her family members. Her father, her mother, her eldest brother and second eldest brother. Their faces were plastered on the front of the newspaper for the world to see and her stomach churned.

          She was just twelve.

          "Sukehiro," she tore her gaze away from the newspaper and met eyes with Sir Nighteye who stood by the door with a haggard looking man. He had messy, dark locks that went past his shoulders and he looked like he had seen better days. In a way, the man reminded her of herself. She recognized trauma better than anyone else ever could.

          "As per our agreement, this man, Eraserhead will take you in," her eyes dragged over towards the male, silent, "You deserve a normal life after what you've done and been through."

          "A second chance," she quietly uttered and Nighteye gave her a slight smile as he nodded, repeating, "A second chance."

          The cuffs around her wrists felt cold and heavy. The air felt cold but gazing at the man, Eraserhead, she could see a future. Warmth, safety, hope. She could see freedom. A second chance. Redemption.

          Sanctification.

          "Take these off," she held up her bound wrists and the hero quickly scurried over and unlocked it, both of them watching as the chains fell onto the floor with a clang and clutter. They were special chains that suppressed her quirk, something the heroes feared when she came to them and sometimes, she feared it too.

          "Come on," Eraserhead spoke for the first time, "Let's get out of here."

          Just like that, her new life began. Though difficult, she'd cleanse herself off her sins and she'll live.

          She'll live.