18

Tension. A feeling Arisa was all too familiar with.

It had been three days since the internship began and she learned a lot just from observing Hawks. Given how Arisa and Tokoyami were still students without a license, they weren't allowed to use their quirks and could only observe and absorb everything there was from how Hawks performed his duties. Hawks was actually a chill, funny person and the thought of him being a killer was slowly being pushed into a corner of her mind — she was never wrong when it came to her hunches, especially when sensing a killer but perhaps he had no choice. Besides, she couldn't exactly judge. Her hands weren't exactly clean.

Currently, Arisa had separated from the two males and went to the nearest restroom to relieve herself. The restroom was empty when she had entered and upon finishing her business, she stood before the sink, about to wash her hands when she sensed it.

A killer.

They often released a unique aura that only the trained eye could see.

A woman was quietly rinsing her hands just two sinks down from where she was standing. Arisa sighed — she had sensed a presence following them since early that morning but she brushed it off as one of Hawks' fans. The man was really popular, it was slightly annoying. Arisa was now debating how she should play this. She could eliminate this woman without causing a disturbance but people would find her body and that'd be an even bigger problem. The best choice was to lead this woman outside where Hawks was and let him deal with it. He was a pro hero after all.

CRASH!

It happened quick.

The woman pounced, her bloodthirst flooding the small restroom. Arisa dodged and without using her quirk, lifted her leg and kicked the woman square in the chest, sending her crashing into the nearest wall.

"I assume you're what's left of my family's associates. Still loyal to the very end, huh?"

The woman had blood red hair, vermillion eyes and ivory skin. She bared her teeth at her, "Unlike you. You betrayed your own flesh and blood."

"Because betting on them was a losing game," Arisa shrugged as she neared the exit. She wasn't going to get the full wrath of the law for engaging in battle with a person without a license. She needed Hawks. She prayed that his feathers could hear her slightly elevated heart rate, "Why have you emerged now? It's been three years."

The woman pushed herself back to her feet, a fine shoe print on the centre of her suit, "Because the heroes did a good job at hiding you. Until the sports festival."

She's lying?

"How were you sure that I was her?"

"Because the youngest Sukehiro had the beauty that surpassed a normal human. Because I saw your mark," she pointed towards her right arm and Arisa clicked her tongue. She thought she had been cautious enough that day. Clearly she failed. Arisa chuckled and grabbed the doorknob behind her, "Well, good for you but I'm not going to fight you. I'm a law abiding citizen now."

She ripped the door open and ran out but she was tackled onto the grass outside. Arisa gritted her teeth and kicked the woman square in the face, making her grip on her loosen. The woman was proven to be a true Sukehiro associate because she pulled out a knife, stabbing it into her leg, causing her to yell out in pain but Arisa was a Sukehiro, someone above this woman — the Sukehiro masterpiece. Arisa ripped the blade from her leg and switched their positions. She was now on top of the woman, the blade on her neck as she growled, "Did you think you could take me down? You?"