34

Arisa freed the clone.

          He stared at her blankly for a moment and she did the same, partially concerned that she did some serious brain damage. She had only ever tried this ability on rats after all but anyway, she didn't think it would be a problem if she did cause him brain damage — he was a clone after all. Unless the effects of his clone returned to the main body after destruction but if that were the case, Ectoplasm would have fallen apart long ago.

          After a while, he finally spoke, "That's the same move you pulled during the final exams, isn't it?"

          "Yes, actually," she uttered, mildly surprised, only just now realizing this fact.

          He looked down briefly, "So, you can make people see what you want them to see?"

          "Yes."

          He fell silent again and Arisa glanced around, hearing destruction all around her as her classmates tried to either come up with a move or perfect one that they already had in mind.

          "It's a dangerous ability to have," he quietly made an observation, "It suits your hero name as well. I think it could be suited as a special move."

          Arisa was aware that if she could, she could have everyone at her mercy with this ability but that was the difference between a hero and a villain. A hero would never do something like that. It was an unspoken responsibility, an unspoken promise that she would never use her abilities for evil.

          "What would you call it?"

          She looked at him incredulously, "I have to name it?"

          "Yes. Being a hero comes with publicity after all. Just like All Might, for example. We all know the names of his moves."

          She shook her head, "I'm not some kid who shouts out the names of their moves. Can I not? I don't want to. That's so embarrassing."

          "Hayashi," he sighed and she stared at him, practically begging with her eyes. For a while, he finally relented, "Fine. Just come up with a name but you don't have to actually say it."

           "Good enough," she chuckled, "Then, I'll call it genjutsu!"

          The male blinked.

          "I am made aware of your tendency to incorporate everything you see from anime into real life by Aizawa so no, Hayashi, you can't name your move after something you've seen in an anime."

          Aizawa you snitch.

          "Why not?"

          "It's not appropriate and you might get copyrighted."

          She was flabbergasted. A special move but she couldn't name it whatever she wanted?

          "Then, uh — wait," she narrowed her eyes at him, "How did you know that that name was from an anime? Sensei, do you watch naruto too?"

          "That doesn't matter, Hayashi —"

          "No, no, it does. If you're a fan of anime, I could totally give you my recommendations. I have a lot — ow!"

          "Keep it in your pants, Arisa," Aizawa suddenly appeared, smacking her topside over the head. She made a face as she rubbed the back of her head, looking at him absolutely flabbergasted, "Wha — where did you even come from? Why'd you hit me?"