14

Midoriya against Todoroki—that was a match that left people in awe, gripping the edges of their seat, leaning forward, wishing they could see better, as if sitting right on the grass beside the platform below would satiate their thirst to witness the battle up close. It was a battle befitting of hero course students and the audience were left witless upon the explosion caused and the fact that the teachers, the referees were forced to step in to lessen the destruction. The audience thought that that would be it for the day but as they all sat obscured by smoke and the faint smell of something burning, they realized they were wrong. The words of insult aimed towards Hayashi Arisa only left a sense of embarrassment in the hearts of those that screamed them. Hayashi Arisa was worthy of praise. So did Bakugou Katsuki.

          "Wh—whAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOUR STUDENTS, ERASERHEAD?! THIS IS LIKE A GLOBAL CATASTROPHE. IT'S DIFFICULT TO SEE WITH ALL THIS SMOKE!"

          "Holy," Kirishima coughed from the stands, fanning, "Shit. I knew she was strong but this... This is insane."

          "Man, she was attractive but now," Kaminari coughed a few times, "She's hot as hell. I dig strong women."

          The smoke slowly began to clear and the audience leaned forward, eyes squinted to see who the final winner was. Then they could see them—Arisa was on a single knee, head down, lips parted, panting, wheezing and heavily breathing as if on her last leg. Her breath intakes were violent and loud.

          "HAYASHI'S STILL IN TACT BUT WHAT ABOUT BAKUGOU?!"

          All heads comically turned to where the boy should be but found him embedded deep into the wall which was cracked and destroyed. He was lying unconscious atop the rubble, covered in scratches and cuts. Arisa was practically struggling to stay conscious as she coughed, wheezed and realized she went overboard. She got carried away by Bakugou's rhythm and embraced the adrenaline and excitement.

          "BAKUGOU'S OUT OF BOUNDS! HAYASHI ARISA IS OUR FINAL WINNER!"

          Cheers erupted and Arisa weakly looked up through half-lidded eyes, a weak grin decorating her features as she laughed, ignoring how painful it was. She felt like she broke and snapped every single ligament in her body after going ten rounds with a damn meteorite. She won. Arisa threw her head back and laughed and laughed. She felt a million times lighter. This was way better than therapy, being enclosed by four walls, coerced to speak of her thoughts and feelings.

          With a final laugh, she fell forward and blacked out.

          When she came to, she was someplace else. A room with a white ceiling. She immediately perceived that she was on a bed and she could hear hushed whispers from somewhere around her. She turned her head to see her guardian, Aizawa, shooing away her classmates out of the infirmary. Her vision was slightly blurry but after a few seconds and a few blinks, her eyes adjusted and Aizawa was already returning to her side.

          "That was one hell of a match, Arisa," he gruffly commented, "You were reckless."

          "Just this once," she chuckled breathily, her body still sore, "It felt great."

          "I think you pushed yourself too far. Recovery Girl said you had a few fractures in your left arm," he sighed, "You have to be careful, Arisa. It was an amazing display of power but you need to remember your limits."

          She gazed into his eyes, a small lopsided smile on her lips before looking down at the cast that bound her left arm, "Hey, we both have broken bones now but it's alright. I can still cook for both of us. Perks of telekinesis. Ah, so convenient," he rolled his eyes at her choice of commentary and she fell silent for a moment before asking, "How's... Bakugou?"