32

The Sukehiro family.

          Generations of criminals and human weapons, all forged for war. An elite family of superhumans, a breeding ground for quirks. Elusive, dangerous. The authorities have been hunting them down for ages, ever since the dawn of quirks and the rise of All For One, Japan's most terrifying villain. Many unknown deaths were all linked to this family — being assassinated in the streets with no trace, dropping dead in a crowd of people, the fall of planes, the destruction of buildings with no apparent cause. It was speculated that these were all done by the Sukehiro family but there was never any tangible evidence. That was what they were known for and how they became ghost stories.

          Sukehiro Arisa, the youngest of the final generation of this tainted bloodline, after running from her past for the past three years, had finally chosen to face it head on. Well, she had to. To get answers.

          "You may enter," a voice laced with static spoke over the intercom.

          BZZT.

          Arisa stared onwards, watching as the steel doors slid open to reveal a thick, glass screen which revealed the familiar figure of a woman that gave her the most scars.

          Her mother, Sukehiro Arisu.

          UA, after the tragic and revolutionary fight between All Might and All For One, subsequently leading to the retirement of the Symbol of Peace, they created a new dormitory system where the students were given accommodations on UA grounds to ensure their safety, to assure concerned parents that the previous incident of the student kidnapping would never happen again. A week after they settled in, Aizawa managed to set up a meeting for Arisa to see her mother in Tartarus.

          She hadn't seen any of her classmates ever since the incident.

          Arisa walked in through the entryway, eyes visible. She had managed to keep a lid on the mind reading — barely but she did it. She could still hear occasional thoughts but not now. She felt like she needed to see her mother without the eye cover.

          The girl sat herself down on the seat provided and the woman behind the screen looked up, rose quartz eyes observing the girl before she uttered, her voice slightly muffled, "You're starting to look like your father."

          Partially white hair and fully white lashes. Arisa felt strange, hearing her mother speak after three long years without seeing her. She felt conflicted. This woman had hurt her many times in the past, showed her nothing but pain, heartache. Despite that, she felt familiar just looking at her. Mixed feelings. That was what Arisa was experiencing. This woman was her mother and her abuser. Her first ever heartbreak, the woman who she was supposed to lean on.

          "All for One?"

          Her expressionless features twitched in the slightest, "You know."

          "I do."

          "Then why are you here?"

          "For an explanation."

          The expressionless woman stared at her daughter, unmoving for a moment and instead of answering her question, the woman voiced out an observation, "You seem... Different."

          "It's been three years, mother."

          For the first time in forever, she cracked a smile. Small, sardonic and bitter but it was still a smile, "Right. Three years," she shifted slightly within her bindings. The two fell silent, just staring at each other, thoughts swirling within the minds of the parties. The mother, felt a strange of nostalgia just by looking at her daughter and the daughter felt a twinge of hatred just by looking at her. Arisa studied her appearance — her usually well-kempt short, black locks were now unruly and long. Her eyes that seemed to burn with determination were now dull, lined with black from lack of sleep. She was far from the powerful, terrifying woman she had seen three years ago.