21

UA STUDENT MIRACULOUSLY RESURRECTED

The male quietly scanned through the newspaper, a mug of coffee in hand. His crimson eyes were filled with slight interest, lingering onto the photo of her smiling just towards the side of the paper. A powerful asset or a troublesome threat, an annoyingly attractive girl that he couldn't seem to look away from. He disliked how eye-catching she was - he wanted to slash her face, to destroy it, just so that his eyes would never fall on her again.

"Who's that?"

A girl with messy spacebuns hovered over his shoulder, her golden eyes curious. The male glanced at her and took a sip of his coffee, stabbing a blade into the centre of the photo, "Our target."

°°°°

"So, a written test and a practical?"

Arisa was just discharged from the hospital after being held for three weeks. Doctor Ujiko had assured that her quirk was now stable and she was free to leave but she had to go see him every month so he could keep track of her quirk growth. It made her worry but after experiencing death, the idea of dying again wasn't so terrifying. The only thing she feared most as of now was leaving behind Aizawa and her friends with many words left unsaid. If she were to die, she would want a specific time limit, to allow her to say everything that needed to be said and do everything that needed to be done.

Currently, Arisa was in her room at home, back in Musutafu with Izuku and Shoto sitting on her floor, bags of chips and candy in between them along with their school bags filled with school work. These boys had waited outside the hospital for her and rode home with her - it was really sweet. Arisa felt warm seeing them. She even got a text message from Shinsou and Bakugou. Shinsou gave her a heartfelt message while Bakugou's was borderline threatening but she understood what he was trying to convey.

"Yes," Izuku answered, munching away on his snacks, "But we have no idea what the practical exam will be, though."

Shoto eyed her, "Do you by any chance...?"

Arisa shook her head, eyebrows furrowed, "Aizawa-san doesn't tell me anything to give me an advantage. So, I don't know either."

"Oh."

"Well, all we need to do is prepare," Izuku grinned and tossed a small candy packet towards Arisa to which she nimbly caught, "Make sure we're ready for anything."

"Yeah but for now, let's focus on what's in front of us," she gestured towards the papers scattered all around them, "Let's aim for high grades this time."

"The one on the top really is blind," Izuku shook his head and mumbled. Arisa snapped her head towards the boy, "What'd you say, bush boy?"

"Nothing," a halo formed over his head and she smiled, "That's what I thought."

In class, she ranked second just after Momo. It was literally impossible to best the girl when it came to intelligence. Arisa found that admirable.

Halfway through their study session, she asked them, "Do you guys want anything? Juice? Coffee? Water? Cola?"

"I'd like juice," Shoto politely answered.

"Cola," Izuku answered without looking up from his notes. Arisa nodded and urged them, "Hey, I learned a trick while in the hospital. Look."

She focused, mentally recalling where she kept the juice and cola around the kitchen. This was an ability she found out she could do when she was trying to steal candy from the vending machine back in the hospital because she wasn't allowed to leave the room. She could move things out of her line of sight if she moved the energy she emitted and let it spread, basically working as sensors to look for the items she wanted. It was tricky because last time, she accidentally dragged a patient into her room. She needed only to do this if she didn't know its specific location but she knew where she kept the drinks around the house.