1

She was asleep.

          She hated sleeping.

          That was when her memories could get to her - everything she had done to all those people, everything her parents had done to her. A state of relaxation of safety became a horrifying nightmare for the poor girl. She was haunted by the past and although it had been three years, everything they had taught her, they were seared into her very bones and no amount of therapy could ever wash them away. They were a part of her and—

          She could sense danger.

          Her body reacted faster than she could even think.

          THUD!

          "Jesus - kid, it's me!"

          THUD!

          Her eyes snapped open to reveal terrified opalescent orbs. Hovering over her was her legal guardian, the very man that took her in three years ago. She blinked a few times and after trying to move, she realized she had her arms pinned by her side and the next detail she realized was that his long hair was tickling her nose.

          "Aizawa-san — sorry," she quickly apologized, closing her eyes shut, "I didn't mean to be violent."

          "It's okay," he sighed as he rolled off her and helped her up, "It was my fault. I shouldn't have tried to touch you."

          She shook her head, her long dark locks waving along with the motion, "No. That's the third time this week," she smacked her hand against her face, "I can't keep acting out everytime someone touches me when I sleep—"

          "Seriously. Kid, it's fine. No one's expecting you to immediately get better. What you went through wasn't exactly easy," he placed a placating hand on her head and she appreciated the warmth, "Just do what you can and like I promised, I'll always be there, every step of the way. Let's do this together, alright?"

          It's been three years, she internally lamented.

          "Okay."

          He ruffled her hair and nudged her head back slightly before walking away, "Get ready. You have school."

          Right. School.

          Her colourful gaze shifted towards her wardrobe where her school uniform hung on a hanger on the knob. It was a UA uniform, the school that the pro heroes decided to enroll her in - there was much discord upon her acceptance due to her background and her relation to her highly dangerous family but there were many pros that backed her up and said that she, like any others, deserved a second chance. She was just twelve after all. She was just a child so they all gave her a chance and she wasn't going to take it for granted. She intended to give her all, save enough people in hopes of her good deeds would bury the bad.

          It had been a few days since the beginning of the school term and she was treated equally like any others. She felt normal but that was shattered upon the quirk evaluation tests and the battle exercises. She let her years of training take control of her and she won indisputably, immediately becoming the number obstacle and competition for the others.

          Arisa didn't like that. She didn't want to be singled out. She wanted to be normal.

          That was what she thought as she slipped on her uniform after showering and slipped on a freaking blindfold. Walking out the room, as expected, she heard her guardian ask, "Really?"