11

Her turn finally came.

          Arisa stood at the edge of the tunnel, gazing at the stage at the centre of the stadium, her eyes mindlessly looking at Midnight and Cementoss, the referees that overlooked the event. Arisa was both nervous and excited — it had been a while since she fought with someone one-on-one. There was the heroics class that All Might did but that wasn't one-on-one but rather, her forte, assassination. She took down the opposing team before they could even realize what hit them. Swift and clean, completely unrivaled.

          "NOW, ONTO THE NEXT PARTICIPANT—THE HEROICS DEPARTMENT'S VERY OWN MYSTIFYING WITCH, HAYASHI ARISA!"

           Cheers greeted her upon her entry and she felt all eyes on her. It was a thrilling yet uncomfortable sensation—she was a hunter in the shadows, not a fighter in the open. Arisa kept her wits about herself and stood at her end of the stage, pulling on her blindfold slightly, adjusting them.

          "AGAINST HER IS A STUDENT FROM CLASS 1-B, SHIOZAKI IBARA!"

          The girl stood on the opposite smile, a light smile dusting her features. Arisa returned the gesture. Deadly intent obscured by smiles, they awaited for their cue to begin.

          "BEGIN!"

          Vines from her hair shot forward quick, giving her no time to react. She stood with her hands clasped before her as if performing a prayer, apologizing, "I know what you're capable of, Hayashi-san."

          The vines captured her.

          "OH, HAYASHI GOT CAPTURED BY SHIOZAKI'S DEADLH VINES. IS THIS THE END?"

          "Without your hands, you won't be able to cast me out."

          Arisa threw her head back and laughed before her gaze returned to Shiozaki, "Is that what you think?"

          A part of her vines melted just as she was about to throw her out. Her hand broke through the vines and immediately, an eerie blue wrapped itself around the girl's body and she froze. Arisa lifted her and slowly, the vines around her loosened and retracted back to its user. Arisa landed with a soft thud, a hand on her hip and the other pointing a single finger towards her. Arisa was thrilled by this—the adrenaline that rushed through her veins felt familiar. It was welcomed.

          "It's my win. Sorry, Shiozaki."

          Arisa lowered her finger, gently dropping her out of bounds and the girl looked stunned as she stood on the grass. Meanwhile, the stadium erupted in cheers.

          "Shiozaki's out of bounds. Hayashi advances to round two!"

          Arisa moved towards Shiozaki, a hand outstretched, "No hard feelings, right?"

          "Right," her hand clasped hers and the two left together.

          As they left, she heard Present Mic speak.

          "Man, makes you curious what she hides under that blindfold, don't it?"

          Very professional, Present Mic.

          Arisa and Shiozaki went their separate ways and she went towards the waiting room, wanting to get a quick nap before her next match. On her way, she stumbled upon an explosive teen, Bakugou Katsuki who went out of his way to shove her with his shoulder as he walked past. Arisa's eyebrows rose up in irritance as she whirled around to face the boy who did the same, "Got a problem?"