15

There was a reason why she liked being with Aizawa in general. He never pried and only stepped in when he needed to. He worried when it was needed and right now was one of those times. The two were discussing regarding her quirk, especially after the stunt she pulled with the knife during the sports festival. To see whether she could do it again, instead of letting her cut herself, he dragged the blade across his own palm, barely even reacting when he drew blood. Aizawa gestured for her to attend to it and so she shifted closer towards him, hovering her now glowing palm over his.

          Immediately, right before their eyes, the wound closed up and she was once again amazed by the sight of it. Apparently, so was Aizawa. He exhaled slightly, "This is quite curious. Keep this to yourself for now."

          Shrugging, she agreed, "I planned to."

          "Have you had any more nosebleeds lately? Your quirk acting up?"

          She chuckled, "You sound like a dad and no. Everything's been alright."

          Ignoring her 'dad' jab, he sighed, "That's good. Tell me if anything else happens with your quirk. Understood?"

          "I know. Quite worrying. I'm as sturdy as sturdy can be."

          He poked her forehead and her head bounced back slightly, "That's the problem. You won't realize something's wrong until it's too late. Don't you be that way."

          "I know. Promise," she held out a pinky and he stared at her, unamused. She wiggled her pinky and he ignored her. She grabbed his hand and forced him to link his pinky with hers, a satisfied smile on her face once she succeeded, "There. Promise sealed."

          The two sat in silence for a moment and the male looked at her with a strange look in his eyes. Unreadable but at the same time, they seemed soft but perhaps it was just her imagination. She jumped up suddenly, "Well, I better head to bed. Good night Aizawa-san."

          "Yeah."

          Heading into her room, she rustled through the bag she brought home today and took out a pill bottle, pills that would prove her theory regarding her quirk and assist her sleep. She wished to see if this would allow her to peacefully sleep without seeing someone's life in HD so quickly consuming them, she climbed into bed. After a few minutes, she was out like a light.

°°°°

          Her theory was proven true. Sleeping naturally activated her quirk in her sleep but drug-induced sleeping prevented that from happening. Arisa woke up the next morning feeling refreshed, so much so that she could hear the angel choir echoing above as the rays of Heaven graced her mortal shell. She quickly jumped out of bed and got ready for the day—got a quick shower, got dressed in her uniform with great difficulty due to her cast and in the end asked for her guardian's help.

          "Put your arm in."

          "I'm trying," she grumbled, shoving the tip of her arm into the shirt's entrance that Aizawa was holding, wanting to just heal it but she didn't know enough of her new ability to use it on herself. Odds were, she would end up crippled instead of healed and so she settled with having a broken arm for the next few days. Or weeks. Depends. Arisa's eyes flicked upwards to meet her guardian's eyes, "How did you even get dressed with your arms both in a cast?"

          "Talent."

          She made a face and without her realizing, her shirt was on and suddenly, her blazer was thrown on her head.