2

Thankfully, within the locker rooms, she managed to change without taking off her blindfold and exposing her friends to probably the only evidence of divinity on earth. Her hero costume only consisted of a sleeveless, black body suit and black gloves that went slightly over her elbows. The overall look was simple because Arisa's quirk didn't exactly have a drawback - well, as far as she could tell - so she didn't need a support item to amplify her quirk usage. It was slightly unnerving because she wasn't some superhuman and with a quirk like hers, there had to be a drawback but there were none. She had a feeling that it'll bite her back in the ass somewhere in the future.

Now, on the bus, she opted to sit with her guardian up front, ignoring everyone's eyes on her, only because she had a sudden bad feeling about this trip. She was trained for the longest time and sensing danger was quite literally engraved into her bones. Habits of an assassin was seared into every fibre of her being so knew, this wasn't something to be shaken off so easily.

"Why aren't you sitting with the others?"

She tugged on the fabric band around her eyes and bluntly admitted, "I have a bad feeling."

This piqued his interest in the slightest because he dragged his weary eyes towards her, "Bad feeling?"

"Let's keep in mind that I was a trained killer, trained since I was five so I trust my instincts," his eyes darkened at this. He disliked it when she brought up her past which was befitting of a child, "Right now, I have a bad feeling. As if something bad's going to happen."

He sighed, "Arisa -"

"Look, I know. I know you won't act just based on my instincts alone without solid evidence but I just want you to keep this in mind should anything were to happen. Besides, I know you won't let me step in if anything were to happen because I'm a student of UA now," she grumbled, "So, I just want you to be careful so I won't feel helpless if anything happens."

Silence blanketed them both for a moment while the other students in the back were teasing, laughing with one another. There was a certain point when Bakugou Katsuki screamed at someone like a rabid dog.

"Arisa," Aizawa began, turning his torso and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Listen. You're my ward and my student. You're safe so whatever happens, when in regards to your safety, you have to trust me to have handle it, okay? You don't have to fight anymore," he sighed and looked as if he struggled to say the next words, almost uncomfortable, "I'll fight for you."

The two sat there staring at each other for a moment. He awkwardly looked away and her cheeks warmed as she gave a rare, genuine smile, "Okay."

It was strange, having someone care for her. She had been with Aizawa for three years and she still didn't understand many emotions but she understood and accepted that she did care for this aloof man. Even if he rarely showed it. The fact that he clothed, fed and cared for her for three years without question nor complaint - that was enough for her to know that he cared to an extent.

"We're here."

He was first to get off, simply to keep an eye on the students as they unboarded the bus to make sure that they acted accordingly. Arisa was second to leave and Midoriya was directly behind her, looking determined and excited like the others as they took in the sight of the large building that awaited them. She felt tense, the awful feeling swirling in her stomach, a feeling that would make anyone green in the face. Now that they were here, her senses and instincts were going haywire - she hadn't felt this way since she was ten when the first operation she led failed and a single death was on her hands.