23

Aizawa caught her.

          She lost the element of surprise.

          At least that was what he thought when she suddenly fell at the same time his capture weapon stretched towards her. His eyebrows shot up in surprise — it looked as if she sensed him even before he appeared. The girl twisted midair and gripped the end of the capture weapon, using her momentum as she fell to tug him down from the power lines. He quickly reacted to entrap her but she twisted the scarf around herself, allowing her to close up the distance as she gripped his shoulders, "Are you sure you're looking at me, sensei?"

          He blinked and the girl tangled within his scarf was replaced by Ectoplasm's clone.

          "What the fu —?"

          Arisa was nowhere to be seen.

          The real Arisa was nearing the original Ectoplasm's body, wiping blood from her nose. She had used one of her quirk's abilities which was neuroelectric interfacing and had messed with Aizawa's mind earlier when she was searching for him using her quirk. She made him see the rest of Ectoplasm's clones as herself to buy her time to reach the other teacher. It was still too much for her. She only perfected it enough just last week and it seemed that it was straining her.

          The original Ectoplasm was sitting atop a roof, his eyes vigilant. Arisa made sure to keep low, to keep her presence undetectable and moved around the building. She used her quirk to allow her to shoot up and quietly landed on the roof. She detached one of the cuffs from her hip and approached him, her senses on high alert. She held up a hand, the mysterious blue mist floating towards him.

          Class 1-A were all tense.

          Shoto whispered, "What is she doing?"

          Ochako was biting her nails at this point, not even sure if she was even breathing. It was like watching a highly tense horror movie right before they knew a jumpscare was coming.

          Up on the roof, Arisa focused and the blue finally touched Ectoplasm. Her nose bled and the male suddenly spun but it was too late. Just as he spun to face her, he flopped onto his side, unconscious. Arisa breathed out a sigh of relief and approached his unconscious form, clasping the cuffs around his... Legs? She wasn't sure. She couldn't find any hands on him.

          Arisa exhaled heavily and wiped her nose with the back of her hand, her gaze flicking over to the horizon.

          That was her first time putting someone to sleep with her quirk.

          I feel like I'm getting overpowered and I feel like it'll come at a great cost.

          She was going to worry about that another day. She had seventeen minutes left.

          Arisa wiped the sweat from her neck and face when she was suddenly ambushed from behind. Thankfully she reacted quick and she jumped to the left, dodging the familiar capture weapon. She rolled and stood back on her feet. She tried using her quirk but came up empty and she cursed, seeing the man's glowing red eyes behind his yellow goggles.

          "Looks like you're the real one," his scarf hovered around him eerily as he grinned, borderline creepy, "I didn't know you could do that. That's going to be annoying, that little trick of yours."

          She let out a short, breath of laughter, already feeling the fatigue set in. It had been a while she was sent out to the field. This was almost as intense as back then. Arisa had eyes on the exit just a few ways behind him, "I'd like to dance but running's more my scene now."