8

"HAYASHI OF CLASS 1-A IS STILL IN THE LEAD — ERASERHEAD, YOU HAVE ONE HELL OF A STUDENT!"

          Arisa chose to calm down, ignoring Todoroki's attack before and shot forward. She knew he was trying to slow her down so she wouldn't fall for such a pitiful attempt. She was going to win and she was going to shove it into his face. She continued to fly, feeling the sun ray beating on her bare arms as she rushed over another obstacle. The rest of the students were gaining on her and she could see the finish line up ahead when she could feel a searing heat pass by her face, followed by a loud BANG! but she managed to block it, gritting her teeth as she pushed, sending whatever, or whoever it was tumbling away from her.

          "Don't count me out just yet, you blind witch!"

          "WHAT AN UNEXPECTED DEVELOPMENT — BAKUGOU KATSUKI OF CLASS 1-A HAS REACHED THE FRONT AND ATTACKED HAYASHI. DAMN, THE KID IS RELENTLESS!"

          Then, came an ice attack that reached up sky high, trying to capture her legs but she swerved midair, her eyes narrowing behind black fabric and with a single swing of her hand, she destroyed the ice, creating a beautiful icy flurry with a single explosion. She grew irritated but she once again attempted to keep her cool, ignoring them as she turned to get to the finishing line when there was another sudden unexpected development.

          BANG!

          "A GIANT EXPLOSION NEAR THE ENTRANCE? WHY WAS THE BANG SO BIG? WAS IT PLANNED OR SHEER COINCIDENCE?"

          She looked up, seeing Midoriya on the large metal plate, soaring overhead. Her expression darkened when she looked down towards Bakugou and Todoroki who were attacking her as they ran towards the end. Arisa decided to take this seriously and tripped the boys over while she flew towards where Midoriya was falling. She could see his panicked look so she quickly grabbed his torso, hearing him yelp in surprise.

          "HAYASHI HAS CAUGHT UP WITH MIDORIYA BUT WHAT'S THIS?"

          "Fly for me, bush boy," she grinned and tossed him forward with the help of her quirk, sending him straight into the tunnel towards the finish line.

          "SHE TOSSED HIM TO THE FINISHING LINE?"

          She had a feeling that being first would be a bad idea and the last time she had a bad feeling, USJ was invaded by villains. She smiled as she touched down gently, her black hair fluttering down as gravity kicked in and her quirk deactivated. She ran after Midoriya whom had reached the end and cheers were heard. She exited just after him and she was overwhelmed by the loud cheer that echoed around the stadium.

          "AND IN SECOND PLACE, HAYASHI ARISA OF CLASS 1-A!"

          Arisa laughed breathily, glancing down when she felt something cold against her calf. It was a remnant of Todoroki's ice and she grumbled, pointing her finger towards it and with a flick of it, the ice came off quite easily. She glanced up to see Midoriya tearing up, clearly emotional about being first place.

          Soon enough more participants started rolling in and Ochako popped up, looking like hell but brightened when she saw Arisa. She waved at her and Arisa smiled at her, stumbling when the girl jumped in for a hug, "I heard you got second place — you're amazing, Arisa!"

          "AND NOW THEY'RE STEADILY CROSSING THE FINISH LINE, ONE AFTER ANOTHER!"

          "Oh, look, there's Deku," Ochako peeled herself away from her and marched over towards Midoriya, "Deku, you were amazing...!"