36

"Arisa, let me in. I have cookies and a Gojo plushie — woah!"

          At the single mention of Gojo, the girl pulled the door open, practically almost ripping it off its hinges, causing the green-haired boy who was unfortunately leaning on the door to tumble forward, the cookie-filled container and plushie flying out of his hands. Arisa halted his along with the items' fall with her quirk and quickly carried them all inside, giggling in apology, "Sorry, Izuku. Let me just —"

           Shutting the door, she finally let him along with the items down, "There you go."

          "I see you're as energetic as ever. I thought you'd be bed ridden 'cause of what Aizawa-sensei said."

          This piqued her interest as she tilted her head to the side curiously, "What did he say?"

          He shook his head, "Nothing. Just that you had a fever."

          "Yeah, well, I was in bed but the mere mention of Gojo gave me a few days worth of energy," she raspily laughed before climbing back into her bed. She looked worse for wear. Dark circles lined her eyes and she looked pale. Arisa, while now lying in bed, felt like a victorian child suffering from a fever. She stared at Izuku who was setting down the Gojo plushie next to her and dramatically asked, in an accented voice, "Father, will you take me to the city to see the lights once more?"

          Izuku snorted and she did too.

          He kneeled down by her bedside, his gaze on her for a moment, "Well, you do look sick."

          "It's 'cause I am, Izuku."

          "I didn't think you would ever get sick."

          "I didn't either."

          And so they fell into a brief, doom-inducing silence where they both realized that Arisa getting sick meant something more. Arisa, whom resurrected after dying with the aid of her quirk couldn't possibly be sick. It didn't seem possible but Izuku didn't say this aloud. He didn't want to speak it into existence. Just, for now, he wanted to spend time with her.

          Knock, knock, knock!

          "Arisa?"

          She lifted her head slightly, "Is that Shoto?"

          Izuku stood up, "I think it is. Let me just open the door for him."

          "I don't think that's a good idea —"

          He opened the door anyway. Shoto stood by the doorway, looking surprised to see Izuku. Then, his eyes narrowed.

          "Midoriya, why are you in Arisa's room?"

          Arisa called out from her bed, not wanting any unnecessary situations to arise, "He was just visiting, Shoto. Come on in. Honestly, I don't get how Aizawa-san lets you two come here to the girls' side of the dorm. He must really like you two."

          "That's not the case," Izuku laughed, "He cares about you so he lets us pass."

          Shoto shuffled into the room and smiled at the girl, his expression soft, "Hi, Arisa. I got you some chicken soup and a Suguru plushie."

          She shot up, her eye cover nearly slipping off her face, "A Suguru plushie? You know Suguru? Did you watch the anime?"

          His cheeks grew pink as he shifted his weight around, "I... Did. I wanted to know so I could keep up with you."