Love is Blind

"Y/N," your brother called from the living room, "Kook's here!"

"Why didn't you open the door for him?" you questioned as you came out of your bedroom.

"I'm busy," Yoongi replied, swigging a bottle of beer, a bag of potato chips in his lap. Single's Inferno was playing over the TV, and his attention was fixated on the screen.

"Yeah, you're really occupied right now," you deadpanned.

Since Yoongi wouldn't get off his ass, you had to let Jungkook into the house yourself while trying to zip up the back of your dress.

When you opened the door, your lips parted as you beheld the man in front of you. Jungkook was wearing a well-fitted, royal blue Giorgio Armani suit, and he was holding a single red rose in his left hand. He looked you up and down, his eyes filled with awe.

Finally, Jungkook spoke. "You look...wow."

You giggled at his loss for words. "You look pretty wow yourself."

He cleared his throat, extending his arm to give you the rose. "For you."

"Thank you," you smiled, inhaling the subtle sweetness of the flower. "Come in. I just need to put my shoes on."

Jungkook sat on the couch with your brother while you finished getting ready. Before retrieving your heels from the shoe closet, you first placed the rose in a small vase of water. You then set the vase in the center of the dining room table for all to see; you wanted to show off one of Jungkook's rare kind gestures.

Well, actually, this had been the second gift Jungkook had given you within the past week or so. You couldn't display Jungkook's first gift the way you were doing with the rose though. That would probably be a little jarring to guests.

But their reactions would be funny as hell.

"You look good, Jeon," said Yoongi, narrowing his eyes at the younger man. "Maybe a little too good."

"I'm taking Y/N to Jin hyung's," informed Jungkook. "It's an upscale restaurant."

"I know it is," he responded. "But it's not upscale enough that you need to wear a five million won suit."

"C'mon, Hyung," he chuckled. "Can't a guy impress his girl?"

"Sure they can," Yoongi agreed. "Not you though."

"Oppa," you warned. "You can stop now."

"Fine," he uttered. Yoongi then leered at Jungkook. "But I swear if you do anything to her—"

"I know, I know," Jungkook interjected. "'You're fucking dead, Jeon.'"

You laughed quietly into your palm at the impersonation of your brother.

Yoongi didn't find it so funny. "I'm serious, Jungkook."

"Hyung, I promised you," he imparted. "I'd never hurt Y/N."

Except maybe in bed with how rough Jungkook liked it.

Your brother didn't need to know that though.

"Please don't worry about me," you entreated to Yoongi. "I know how much you care, but I'm an adult now, Oppa."

"Okay," he breathed. "I'll back off a little."

You smiled softly at him before looking over at Jungkook. "Ready to go?"

Jungkook nodded and then notified Yoongi, "I won't have her out too late."

He mumbled something in reply, his focus returning to the reality show.

After saying goodbye to your brother, Jungkook led you outside to the driveway where his Mercedes Benz was parked. He opened the passenger-side door for you and you sat down, feeling the warmth of the leather seats that had been heated by the sun. As Jungkook got into the driver's side, you mentioned to him that this was your first time in his car.