Plead the Fifth

It was late in the afternoon when you awoke. You noticed Jungkook wasn't lying beside you anymore, so you reached for your phone to see if he had sent a text about leaving before you got up. Sadly, though, there wasn't a single message from him.

Jungkook didn't seem like the type to take off first thing in the morning.

But, then again, how much did you really know about Jungkook?

Not even twelve hours ago, you learned that his father was the leader of The Black Swans. Jungkook also opened up about his involvement with the organization and his substance abuse in the past. Last night's admissions were probably only the tip of the iceberg when it came to Jungkook.

Hoping he would just text you later, you pulled back the blankets and rose to your feet. You were going to go to the kitchen for a cup of coffee, however, you didn't make it one step out of your bedroom before spotting Jungkook. He was pacing around with his cell phone up to his ear. He looked angry.

To give Jungkook some privacy to finish his call, you went back into your room and closed the door softly behind you. You sat on your bed and scrolled through Instagram while you waited for him to return. It was ten excruciating minutes until the knob jiggled and Jungkook finally appeared in the doorway.

"I thought you left," you imparted, placing your phone in your lap.

"No, my lawyer called," said Jungkook, that same angry expression still on his face.

"That can't be good."

"It's not," he concurred. "My lawyer just told me Jiho is pressing charges."

"Are you kidding me?" you scoffed. "He spiked my fucking drink! I'm the one who should be pressing charges."

"I agree, but we don't have any proof he did that. My testimony would be hearsay."

"So what're you gonna do?"

"Well," Jungkook began, "I'll go to court and pray I get fined or...go to jail."

Your stomach dropped. "You can't let that happen, Kook. There's gotta be another way."

"There is," he revealed, gazing deeply into your eyes. "My lawyer wants me to talk to my father about paying off Jiho."

"Why? You're loaded," you blurted before slapping your hand over your mouth. "I didn't mean to say that out loud."

Jungkook cracked a smile. "It's true though."

"Then why does your lawyer want your dad to take care of it?"

"Because only my dad has the kind of money Jiho's gonna be looking for," Jungkook apprised. "There's no way my trust fund will meet his demand."

You giggled. "I forgot you were a trust fund baby."

"I'm not sure that's important right now," he expressed, shooting you a glare.

"Right. Sorry," you apologized in a hushed tone.

Jungkook disregarded it and moved on. "I told myself I'd never let my father get me out of trouble. Yet here I am, actually considering it."

You ushered him over, and Jungkook joined you on the edge of the bed. "I won't judge you if you ask him for help."

"I don't think I could look that man in the eyes and do it. I'd like to keep my dignity."

"Listen, Kook," you breathed after a short moment of silence. "It's your decision, and I'll support whatever you decide."

"One thing I've already decided is that I don't wanna go to jail," he chuckled dryly.

"Then I believe you have a call to make."