Burning Friday

You listened to Jungkook as he complained incessantly about Jiho and how he would be at the club that evening. Obviously, you weren't looking forward to seeing Jiho either, but Jungkook really didn't want to be around him.

You stared at Jungkook through your vanity mirror, stifling an irritated sigh. "Then why'd you tell my brother you were okay with it?"

"Because Jiho's his friend," Jungkook lamented. "And Yoongi hyung is mine. I need to be there to support him even if it means putting up with Jiho all night."

"I doubt he'll even talk to us after what happened at the party."

"He better not," Jungkook remarked, leaning back on his palms. "An assault charge wouldn't look good on my record."

You snickered at his absurd statement.

He furrowed his brows. "What's so funny?"

"You," you declared.

"What're you talking about?" he questioned.

"I just think you're blowing this a little out of proportion," you expressed. "I mean, yeah, Jiho can be annoying at times, but he's not a bad guy."

"That's what you think," Jungkook mumbled under his breath.

"Hm?"

He shook his head. "Nothing."

"No, what did you say?"

"Forget it," he snapped. Realizing how harsh he had sounded, Jungkook softened his tone. "Just forget what I said, Y/N, okay?"

You exhaled an angry breath. "Fine."

A few moments later, Jungkook got up from your bed and walked over to you, placing his hands on your shoulders. "I'm sorry I yelled at you."

Considering Jungkook almost never apologized for being an asshole to you, you were surprised by his remorse.

"It's fine, Kook," you averred.

"No, it's not," he stated, beginning to rub your shoulders. "I don't want you mad at me."

"Your existence alone makes me mad."

Jungkook chuckled. "I don't believe that."

"Well, you should."

His hand slowly traveled from your shoulder to your neck, caressing your skin in the process. Jungkook then wrapped his hand around your throat and brought his lips to your ear, whispering, "Are you sure?"

Although he wasn't applying any pressure, the air hitched in your throat nonetheless. You opened your mouth to speak, yet no words came out. Jungkook smirked at your reaction, and you wanted nothing more than to wipe it off his face. However, you felt paralyzed.

"That's what I thought," he simpered.

"Dickhead," you finally managed to get out.

Jungkook let out a light laugh and released his grip on your throat. He sat back down on your bed to watch you finish your makeup, that stupid smirk remaining on his visage the entire time.

***

The club was booming with loud music, people, and cigarette smoke. Jungkook led you through the crowd of dancing bodies to where Yoongi had reserved a large table in the corner for you and all of his friends. There wasn't any sign of your brother, but Seokjin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin, and Namjoon were already there.

"You guys made it!" Seokjin shouted over the noise of the club.

"We started to think you weren't coming," Jimin joked.