In Another Life

You sat yourself up on your elbows and gazed at him through terror-filled eyes. "You're not serious, are you?"

"I am," Jungkook nodded. "I told you I could take a life depending on who I was doing it for, and I meant it."

"But you can't play God, Kook. It isn't right."

"It wasn't right for that person to kill my mother, yet they still did," he said. "They played God."

You exhaled a heavy breath, knowing he had a point. It wasn't a moral one, but it was a point nonetheless.

Not having anything left to say on the matter, you requested, "Can you please get off of me now? I can't feel my legs."

Jungkook didn't try to argue this time. Instead, he stood up and reached his hand out, offering to help you to your feet. You accepted, and you groaned as you were hoisted to a standing position.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I think you bruised my tailbone," you replied, rubbing your lower back.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"It's fine. Let's just get out of here."

"Hold on," Jungkook called out while you were heading towards the door. "You're done lecturing me?"

You faced him again. "What're you talking about?"

"You literally lecture me about everything and won't give up until you've proven how 'stupid' I am," he explained. Still confused, your eyebrows knitted together as you continued to stare at him in silence. Then, finally, Jungkook went on. "Walking away means you're giving up."

Disagreeing, you imparted, "I'm not 'giving up', Jungkook. I'm just not getting involved."

"But you love sticking your nose where it doesn't belong," he quipped.

Unlike Jungkook's, your tone was solemn. "This is something you need to deal with on your own. So, please, just...leave me out of it, okay?"

His lips parted to respond, however, he was interrupted by a sudden knock at the door. Since you were already nearby, you were the one to open it. And, to no surprise, it was Pete.

He bowed, apologizing for showing up unannounced.

Jungkook brushed off the disturbance. "What do you need, Pete?"

"Y/N left a, uhh...an item in the guards' bathroom," Pete informed. "I wanted to make sure she doesn't forget it."

Aware he was referring to your bra, you giggled at his awkwardness towards the matter.

"What's so funny?" Jungkook wondered, a hint of anger in his voice.

"Nothing," you lied. "I'll be back in a bit."

He shook his head. "No, I'm coming with you."

"I don't need you to."

"Well, too bad."

You placed your hands on your hips. "Do you really wanna do this right now?"

Seeing how annoyed you were and not wanting to fight in front of Pete, he quickly backed down. "Fine, go."

"Smart boy," you simpered.

Jungkook scowled at you, and without even so much as a final jibe, he stormed out of the room.

"What was that all about?" Pete asked once he was gone.

"The usual—us pissing each other off," you stated.