Reborn

The kiss was intense from the start; it practically knocked the wind out of you. So much so that you thought your diaphragm had quit working altogether.

You stood there, shocked, lips unmoving, as your brain screamed, "Breathe! Breathe, idiot!"

With burning lungs, you finally kissed him back, giving into the temptation that was Jeon Jungkook. And once your lips began moving in harmony, a rush of air flooded into your nose and your lungs. At last, you could breathe again. It was almost as if Jungkook's kiss was the magic cure.

You threaded your fingers through his hair before lightly tugging on the black locks. Jungkook let out a pleased hum at this and tightened his grip on your waist. You were certain you were going to melt into a puddle if he allowed his tongue to slip any further past your lips than it already had. However, that feeling was short-lived because all of a sudden, Jungkook pulled back and pushed you away from him, putting some distance between the two of you.

He dabbed the corner of his mouth with the knuckle of his pointer finger while gazing at the floor. You stared at him, confused. Jungkook could feel your eyes on him, and finally, he looked up.

"Sorry..." he said in a soft voice.

"For what?" you asked despite already knowing the answer; you just wanted to hear it from him.

"For whatever that was," Jungkook replied. "I don't know what came over me."

"It's not entirely your fault," you admitted after a while. "It takes two to tango."

"You never would've kissed me tonight if I hadn't initiated it, though."

"Well, no, but..." your words trickled off, unsure of what else to say.

Jungkook let out a humorless chuckle at this. "See? You wouldn't kiss me unless you were doing it for show."

"I mean, yeah, why else?"

"Maybe because you want to kiss me," he declared.

"Oh, please," you scoffed. "You are so full of yourself."

"Think about it, Y/N. How many times have we actually kissed for show?"

Looking back on the last month and a half, you realized you couldn't recall many times when your displays of affection had all been a ruse. And because of that, you remained silent; you didn't want to feed into Jungkook's ego.

"Right," he uttered with a self-affirming nod, "and how many times have we kissed when no one's around?"

Rather than giving him a real answer, you instead questioned his motive. "What're you trying to get at, Kook?"

Jungkook took a step closer to you, smirking. "I'm saying that you kiss me because you want to, not because you have to."

"Technically, I do," you argued. "You're teaching me about sex, and it's not like we can fuck in public."

"Well, we could..."

"What? No!"

The sound of you raising your voice caused Yoongi to stir. Fearing he may wake up and learn the truth, you grabbed Jungkook's wrist and began pulling him towards the door.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook wondered, completely oblivious to his friend's disturbance. However, you ignored him and continued dragging him by the wrist until you were in the safety of your own bedroom. He then raised a suggestive brow once you had closed the door. "Oh, so this is what we're doing, huh?"

You snatched a decorative pillow from your bed and chucked it at him.

"A simple 'no' would've sufficed," Jungkook grumbled as he picked the pillow off the floor and put it back where it belonged.