24 FILTHY INFATUATION

Present

24 | "When the insanity occurs" 

Run, run until your lungs are on the verge of collapsing — that devil on Nina's shoulder sneered in her ear. 

The touch of classic music, hushing chattering and laughter of the guests ripped her skin open like outrageous slashes of sharp talons. 

She was depressed, you asked why? Well, the reason wasn't something particular. It was the last place Nina could desire to visit. Wish she had the supernatural power to vanish away, she could only just imagine. It would be so cool if she could snap her fingers and evaporate in the air to run away from Taehyung — Nina mentally wheezed at her thought.

Yes, she was losing her shits and before she lost her little bit of senses, she had to collect herself. As much as the place was pleasing to hang around. Nonetheless, she was invisibly choking and suffocating under her limbs.

The lavish Kim mansion was impressively huge, nothing changed in these years. The foyer was wide and crammed with a sea of guests. White and golden marble flooring was radiating ultimate prosperity, people could delightfully see their reflection on it. A wooden imperial staircase with a lacquered shine and a crystal chandelier was gracing the view. 

So classy. So unrelatable. Nina didn't belong there. For her, it was heaven-like hell.

"Wrong decision, coming here was the worst decision." Nina thought, looking at the guests with a tight chunk in the back of her throat. Her guts wrenched painfully, a buzzing hiss trickling in her bones to leave her a clattering mess. She could tell it wasn't the chill peppers effect, but the new tension brewing beneath her lungs. She was scrutinizing the crowd, but her eyes were blank like a dark space as her palm flew to clutch her red pendant. 

"You got this baby. You have steel in your blood, don't fret. You are not that teenage girl anymore." Nina coated herself with brand new, polished confidence. Her back straightened, and she tipped her chin up, smiling at the guests— a fake smile that seemed too real, something that she had learnt from her best friend Talia. 

Every ounce of her being was grim at the apprehensive fact that she had to join this unwanted social gathering at Kim's mansion. Each gust of breath creaking out of her lungs went to whack her chest, fueling her private gloominess. 

"Red." Her bone dangerously sputtered upon finding a palm sliding on her lower back, leading her inside the hall. It was Taehyung, showing the Kim's decorous world his delicate possession— he didn't utter that yet Nina felt like his personal possession, only his to keep and adorn.

Fuck, Nina hated this situation even more than before. No worries— after this night, Nina would make sure not to bump him anywhere. This was Taehyung's last fuckery she was going to bear . . . she mentally finger-crossed.

"You look cute when you have this confused pup-like expression on your face. So fascinating to watch you struggling to take every breath." Taehyung whispered to Nina in his rich, suave voice. So hellishly malicious he was to enjoy her getting agitated.

Taehyung was taunting her while politely nodding his head at some known guests. That's what he loved, poking the beast sleeping within her— Nina let out a low growl, resisting the urge to snap at him, scream at him, beat the life out of him.

Oh, she felt instant satisfaction wafting in her veins upon imagining Taehyung getting punched by her. Nina didn't want to create a scene and didn't want the attention that would come with it, so she uncurled her fist.