33 FILTHY INFATUATION

Past 

33| "Jealousy at its peak."

Sitting on the bleachers with a stiff posture and disturbed mindset, Taehyung didn't care that he appeared like an ultimate creep while eyeing Nina and Ji-hoon's unamused banter.

Every time Nina laughs at something Ji-hoon says— which Taehyung believed would be downright idiocy— Taehyung felt his teeth grinding in complete frustration. Nina and Ji-hoon planned to play basketball in their free period to lighten their mood which Taehyung had managed to ruin this morning. 

It wasn't like he was keeping an eye on them or glowering at them throughout the whole class or following them everywhere — in his defense, he was also a student of this school and could sit anywhere he wished. Feel free to assume anything. . .

They were perfectly aware of Taehyung's deadly presence, burning their skins with those stark, angry stares. For god sake, Taehyung didn't even blink once. 

Taehyung couldn't give two shits about their distaste toward him. One time Nina sneered at him as Taehyung responded to her with shameless, blowing kisses. He just didn't want Ji-hoon to get any chance to hit on his girl. Every time Ji-hoon accidentally made eye contact with Taehyung, the fresh bruise of his cheekbone of the morning flared with pain and an uncomfortable dread would prosper in his veins. 

Taehyung pulled out his phone and there Ji-hoon's phone vibrated in his pocket. His brows furrow as he snapped his neck at Taehyung who was waving his phone at him with a mocking smirk.

"What happened?" Nina chirped, walking back at him with the basketball. 

"Nothing, just a text. It's not important." Nina tilted her head at him and then nodded. 

The unimportant text said— "I think this is the part where you should know your place, Ji-hoon-boy. I'm not into sharing so don't run after something that solely belongs to me, otherwise, the consequences won't be good. You don't want me to hurt you, do you?" 

The boy's eyes flickered up and his shoulders shrank. Those deviant, soulless eyes, that deathly expression and hideous ambiance could alone give Ji-hoon nightmares for days. He could hear Taehyung's rage, swirling and banging in the space. 

However, after seeing Nina's smiling face, Ji-hoon's fear would turn into incitement.

Ji-hoon: Fuck off, Kim. Time will tell who she'll choose. 

Taehyung didn't bother to check his text and just pocketed his phone. What Nina chose didn't matter, all she needed to understand Taehyung wanted her, selfishly, thoughtlessly. 

"Why are you looking in his direction, Ji-hoon? Ignore him, he isn't worth the attention." Nina lamented, her fingers tightening around the basketball as she forced a grin that nearly appeared real.

"Yeah hypocrite, as if your eyes aren't starving to dig through him." Nina's subconscious spat as she mentally flashed her middle finger at that voice.

One day, she was going to stop desiring her tormentor. One day, he would be completely invisible to her. And see, Nina's attempts to ignore him were going pretty well, she hadn't looked up at him once. 

Ji-hoon had suggested using the outdoor court, though Nina refused his advice with her cheery smile. There was no way she would let Taehyung ruin her little fun time with her friend. If she walked out from there, Taehyung would assume Nina was influenced by him, and Nina would stab her toes with the fork but wouldn't let Taehyung have the satisfaction.